What are the chances of changing schools at this stage?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tapas123

What are the chances of changing schools at this stage?

Post by Tapas123 »

My daughter has been accepted at WHSG but logistically it is very difficult for here to get to. We now wish we'd have put Southend for Girls as first choice. Is there any chance of changing at this stage? Best Regards.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

you can appeal against the decision.

Have a look at the appeals section. There is a very informative Q&A bit which may be help you to decide what to do.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I presume you can appeal for any school? However if she qualifies it is likely to be full and hence would be an oversubscription appeal - ???

I expect there are some local experts around .... please??
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

I wanted to do that about 4 years ago when my Son got into WHSB. They told me that I would have to go on the waiting list for SHSB but I would have to give up my place at WHSB. I didn't bother as I didn't want to risk him not getting anywhere.

But there is no harm in trying. I'll call CSSE if I were you and see what they have to say.
moved

Post by moved »

When I asked about this possibility prior to DS taking the 11+, as we were unsure where we were going to live, I was told that he would be put on a waiting list that is in rank order. If the score is within those that are already ranked then you are automatically placed on the top of the list. As it was, he was offered KEGS and we accepted the offer and have lived happily ever after!
Sillysocks

Post by Sillysocks »

Do you know if this would still be the case if you wanted to be added to a waiting list for a school you had not originally applied to, or do you go to the bottom, rather than be listed by rank.
KB

Post by KB »

I think if you haven't put it on your original list then it would be treated as a late application and therefore you would be below those who had applied on time.
Not 100% sure but my understanding of the rules.
moved

Post by moved »

As far as I know you go on the waiting list according to your position in the 11+.

It is a sensitive issue though as some people will be on waiting lists and moving further down as more people join.
chafford_dad

Post by chafford_dad »

Our daughter has been offered SHSG but we are thinking of changing to WHSG. any ideas ?
chafford_dad

Re: What are the chances of changing schools at this stage?

Post by chafford_dad »

Tapas123 wrote:My daughter has been accepted at WHSG but logistically it is very difficult for here to get to. We now wish we'd have put Southend for Girls as first choice. Is there any chance of changing at this stage? Best Regards.
Our daughter has been accepted at SHSG and we now wish to change to WHSG. any ideas ?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now