Head Teachers support?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Charlie79

Head Teachers support?

Post by Charlie79 »

Would like to know if anyone has made an appeal in Trafford, what sort of support they have had from their child's Head Teacher. My childs Headteacher has said that my child is border line and should I appeal the school would contact her and she would have to give her opinion as borderline. Do you think I would be wasting my time appealing? Has anyone experience of this in Trafford? Desparately seeking help!! :(
caz

Post by caz »

sorry i dont understand wot r u appealing for ?
feelinsad

Post by feelinsad »

Are you wanting to appeal non qualification for a specific school or the allocation of a plsce at a school. The former I think would warrant a HT's support.

There are lots of people that I am sure will come along to help once the position has been cla
feelinsad

Post by feelinsad »

got cut off half way through - meant to say clarified
Charlie79

Post by Charlie79 »

It was non qualification
Mike_Reed

non qualification

Post by Mike_Reed »

Dont mean to sound pesimistic but in the last few years its very rare to appeal and suceed for non qualification

The schools will be setting a prescedence if they allowed non -qualification students into the school.

A friend whos a teacher at a Trafford said its virtually unheard off in his view

:(
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

We won a non qual appeal last year for UGS. Didn't get in on oversubsciption but I know of one girl at least year who got UGS on non qual and one at Loreto with ten marks off. Also on on this site for Alty Boys and I know of one other as well. So thats four last year and I don't live in Trafford.

So not necessarily true, don't let it put you off.
emsy

Post by emsy »

I won a non-qualification appeal for Sale Grammar last year and I know of others who were successful too.
ConcernedMum

Post by ConcernedMum »

I know of 2 last year for Sale (both 4 marks off) and one 2 years ago (a couple of marks off, fly buzzing round exam room distracting children so allowed straight away without any need for the parents to present their case!)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I think this goes to show that appeals are there for a reason and there are sometimes valid reasons why children do not perform on the day.

It would of course be much easier for Schools and Local Authorities if there was no such right of appeal, but there is, for good reason and no one should be put off or discouraged from appealing, no matter what a particular school/authority has to say.