Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mojoko

Appeal

Post by mojoko »

Please Help!
My boy took the 11+ and was unsuccessful. He is on waiting list for Essex grammar schools.
I have decided to Appeal. Have evidence of strong academic ability but not so strong on mitigating circumstances. How can I prepare a good appeal?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

There is an excellent Q &A section for appeals, which should answer most of your questions. Click on the link at the top of this page. top
bromleymumof4

Post by bromleymumof4 »

I am also in a similar situation but I am not sure whether academic evidence is enough. How will the appeal panel treat it?
emsy

Post by emsy »

I am in a different area but I had a successful appeal last year with evidence of high academic ability and strong support from the head teacher but no mitigating circumstances beyond nerves. I followed the advice on this site to put the appeal together and got a letter from the headteacher to support the appeal.
chad

Post by chad »

Some children just don't show their ability on that particular day... that is why appeals are allowed.
If their is no mitigating circumstances then you do need strong evidence of academic ability. If they ask you why you think they did not reach the pass mark then you should tell the truth ... that you fully expected them to pass.... and were shocked when they didn't...and can only put it down to the being overwhelmed on the day.

No one can say whether the evidence will be enough... all you can do is present the case. :)
mojoko

Post by mojoko »

Thanks for your messages! I've received some good news...my S has been offered a place at Indies and we won't be pursuing the appeal. So grateful to God that we didn't have to go through the appeal process. Good luck to others appealing.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now