OOC distance; RLS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

p34cdc2

OOC distance; RLS

Post by p34cdc2 »

Dear All,

We live out of county, and I have just learned that we missed out on allocation by just over 100 metres (0.07 miles).

Could some kind soul give some advice what to do.

I could go for the transfer appeals. I am very reluctant to do that, however. Four years ago we had a humiliating and undignifying experience (not in Bucks) with the appeals process and we were turned down, just to learn in the following October that vacancies became available, by which time our daughter had settled in her school.

What else? What could our chances be?

thank you
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi p34cdc2

That does seem cruel, doesn't it? You will soon find out where you are on the waiting list, but I suggest you submit the appeal form anyway as a back up. You don't have to go through with it if you decide not to. Bucks panels don't maul people, thank goodness - almost every appellant comes out saying that the panel were really very nice.

Looking at the figures for the last couple of years it is possible that the distance will move by the 100 metres you need, so you could choose just to sit tight and hope? That is the only alternative to an appeal I'm afraid. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11-plu ... rofile.php

Sally-Anne
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Sally-Anne wrote:Hi p34cdc2
Bucks panels don't maul people, thank goodness - almost every appellant comes out saying that the panel were really very nice.
I can vouch for this! Even before we knew we had won our appeal, I felt that the whole process had been very fair and the panel most kind. So it really is worth going for.

Chances are you won't have to though - the RLS distance moved out by almost half a mile last year. No guarantees of course, but I'd be surprised if you aren't in the first three on the waiting list. :)
Marylou
p34cdc2

Post by p34cdc2 »

Thank you for your encouragement. Today I hand delivered our appeals documentation.

We are hoping for the best.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now