Indies near langley/iver

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

worried

Indies near langley/iver

Post by worried »

Hi.,

Are there independent seconary schools near langley/iver? I could not fine them in google search.

Cheers,
w
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

I've heard of Langley Grammar but not indie. Perhaps you could ask the question on the Berks page and someone might be able to help.

Good luck.
Charl39
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

There are virtually no senior schools in this area. You need to drive south on the M25 to get any senior schools.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Royal Masonic?
mad?
Flamenco

Re: Indies near langley/iver

Post by Flamenco »

worried wrote:Hi.,

Are there independent seconary schools near langley/iver? I could not fine them in google search.

Cheers,
w
T.i.p.s.y wrote:There are virtually no senior schools in this area. You need to drive south on the M25 to get any senior schools.
You cannot be serious Tipsy. About the greatest independent secondary school is just on Langley's backyard.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Dear Flamenco,

You have been very missed, I hope you are well!

Well, I was going to mention it but thought I better not. Are you going to tune into the programme on Harrow tomorrow? May remind you of when DS did his JS exams. And to think he is nearly coming to the end of his Eton career...if it ever eally ends. :wink:
Flamenco

Post by Flamenco »

Dear Tipsy,

Thank you very much for your kind note. I’m very well, again, thank you for asking. I hope you’re doing fine too at your new residence up at Gloucester.

Yes, I’ve heard about the Harrow programme tomorrow and I shall be making an attempt to watch it. Which reminds me, some ten or so years ago, there was a similar programme also on Harrow and I actually had it taped. That was the time long before DS won his JS and I had absolutely no interest in indies then. I just taped it because I was in a habit of taping every other documentary programme on TV (still have a full bookcase load of the stuff which I intend to transfer to DVD but never really got round to doing it except for the one I sent you recently).

Unfortunately, I cannot now find the Harrow tape today. The only thing I can remember off the top of my head about that particular programme is that this new family whose son was to start at Harrow, went to the school’s tailors and came out £2000 the poorer! :shock:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I take it I have to look forward to that at Eton?! :shock:
Flamenco

Post by Flamenco »

That is to say, £2000 in the late 1990's/early 2000 at Harrow, Tipsy.

I leave it to you to ponder about ETON in the 2010's! :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now