the lea

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

the lea

Post by Guest »

i dont know how other people are feeling but there seems to be much confusion over dates and times regarding results. surely the lea must have set guidelines in place. 3pm?5pm? who knows? it will leave many parents anxious. i also feel it is unfair postal results are recieved the next day this is unfair to people who have not or cannot afford a computer. there are still many houses without one. surely if tomorrow is national offer day that should be the day you recieve your offer, regardless of if you applied on line or not. i feel very stronly about this and am writing to the lea , although it will not help my son, it may help someone applying next year.
gina from clacton

Post by gina from clacton »

totally agree
a point i have made several times myself, i did apply by post and feel also it is unfair, had i realise the dates were different i would have applied on line , but i was told the post was going out on 28th, now im told the 1st!! so im not happy at waiting another day
gina
Guest29

Post by Guest29 »

I know what you mean, but hey it is just another day....agghh. Glad for everyone finding out tomorrow, but I think perhaps we should be able to at least pop in to the Education department and find out ourselves with ID. Anyway at least anyone reading this forum will know for next year's intake. I can't believe I am so bothered about 1 more day, just nerves isn't it, it makes you irrational. Also, does seem a shame for the children. In any event I wish you all the best...

Post by Guest »

Totally agree..the whole notification thing is unfair.

we're in Southend catchment and although we applied on line, we get the online rsult on the 2nd march, with letters being posted on the 1st...which is unfair on the basis that Essex LEA send e-mails on the first...why should children who have taken the same exam, on the same day, in the same room have to wait longer for the result.

I can honestly say this has been the worst/most stressful experieince of my whole life...overdramatic I hear you cry..well that's a matter of opinion.
Karen

Post by Karen »

I also agree, the information is too ambiguous and the system unfair (bureaucratic nonsense); particularly with regard to those in Southend. :shock:
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Karen, if you do complain you may want to refer to other boroughs in Essex who ensure as far as possible that email results and postal votes are received at the same time. This is the case for Redbridge, although I don't think that they say what time the results will be sent out via email - just give the date. The info below is from our transfer to secondary school handbook.
"you will receive an email with your offer details on 2 March 2007 - if you submitted your application online.
1st March 2007 letters posted first class to parents/carers with single offer of a secondary school, including the outcome of Redbridge selection tests, if applicable."