OMG - My DD is on Google Street View

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Snowdrops

OMG - My DD is on Google Street View

Post by Snowdrops »

DD was looking at Google street view last night and found herself photographed not once or twice, but THREE times (the camera followed her and her friend as they walked down the lane and then captured them sitting on the wall watching the world go by - and the camera!) not too worried about it though, their faces are 'blanked' out (sort of).

Have you found your house - do you know anyone 'captured' by the cameras???
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Hi SD - funny enough I was just looking at it yesterday so I could see the house my son is planning to live in next year at Uni - what a great tool, in some ways. And now I've just gone on and had a look at my house, and my old house etc, and was struck by how few people are about. I did see a couple, and their faces are obscured, not sure how I'd feel if it was me or one of my family though :shock:
tranquillity

Post by tranquillity »

Same here - my DH is on streetview: you can see him through the window sitting in the local pub! :oops:
Floss

Post by Floss »

You can see my other half is painting our bay window !!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I cant believe this :shock: :shock: :shock: , last time I checked my street was not even on google street.

being a close and my house being right in little corner, I am suprised to see my house and whats more how clearly they show the whole street and all my neighbours's houses and cars. They just show the street exactly how it is. I am sure it will make a house hunting a little easier now, just type in postcode and if you like what you see then view it. Estate agents cant get away with being pretentious like not showing a main road :roll:
Impossible is Nothing.
Plum

Post by Plum »

We had great fun looking at BIL's house that was being built at the time in Surfers Paradise, Queensland. When we went to visit last year (after it was completed), we new exactly where everything was in relation to the house, such as the local shop and the quickest way to the beach. BIL couldn't understand it until we showed him the pictures!
Plum
Tracyhf1

Post by Tracyhf1 »

We are house hunting at the moment and it is a brilliant tool.
I saw one property I liked the look of from the outside, went on street view and it was in a narrow street and about 10 inches away from a huge MOT garage exhaust centre, which was very conveniently cropped out of the photograph!
I must have spent about 6 hours mooching around with it so far.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

Looking to book a cottage in the Peak District for Spring Bank holiday. Proved useful a few times already.

Unfortunately, it may cost me money work wise. Without going into specifics, I can see things on there for which I could normally charge Clients a few hours time to travel to look at.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now