Colchester CHSG. Please post waiting list info here

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GibsonES335

Colchester CHSG. Please post waiting list info here

Post by GibsonES335 »

My DD is on the waiting list. It will be bedlam for the next few days at Essex trying to get info - I've already tried this morning.

DD is 163 and the cutoff was 157.

Please post here any info anyone has on the movement of the waiting list. I will post whatever info I get from Essex and hope this will be of some help to other parents in the same position.

Others may wish to start threads for the other GSs as well.
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

Spoke to Essex at 1pm. No movement yet. Early days.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

GibsonES335 wrote:Spoke to Essex at 1pm. No movement yet. Early days.
For what it is worth last year, I rang on the Monday that you first could, to happily discover she was number 5 (Chelmsford).The lovely guy there was soo encouraging and gave me a direct line.

I rang back a week later and virtually no movement(1 place). At that point I was discouraged :cry: but man at admissions still confident for me :D based on other years.I rang a week later 3 more places had moved and then later that week I got the letter.I know that there was still movement afterwards, right up until May.

Its agonising I know but it will move.The guy said that those with indep places don't always observe the deadlines and often don't mention that they are not taking up their GS place until someway into April.

Willing it to happen quickly for you. :D
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

Thanks Chelmsford Mum. This was last year yes?
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

GibsonES335 wrote:Thanks Chelmsford Mum. This was last year yes?
Yes but had another daughter get in two years before and know parents who got in on waiting then, even up to the first day of term. You are much closer on the list than this girl though (she was 14th) so you won't have to wait that long. :D
KB

Post by KB »

Hi
Did you find out where she is on the waiting list? It could be that the ranked positions between last offered place & your DD had another first choice so aren't actually on the waiting list?
Sorry if you already posted this somewhere else -Essex section is quite busy :)

Hope you don't have to wait long.
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

KB wrote:Hi
Did you find out where she is on the waiting list? It could be that the ranked positions between last offered place & your DD had another first choice so aren't actually on the waiting list?
Sorry if you already posted this somewhere else -Essex section is quite busy :)

Hope you don't have to wait long.
She's 6th which means everyone in front has not been allocated a higher choice.

I've got 4 children, 2 dogs, one of whom is pretty deaf, and 3 cats. I'm really good at waiting patiently.
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

1pm 10 March 2010. No movement.
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

15 March 2010. Cut off now 158.
moved

Post by moved »

GibsonES335 wrote: I've got 4 children, 2 dogs, one of whom is pretty deaf, and 3 cats. I'm really good at waiting patiently.
:D :D :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now