Car park in Westerham

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bromley mum

Car park in Westerham

Post by bromley mum »

I have to drop my DC off at the public car park in Westerham for DofE hike. Does anyone know the area and could point me in the right direction? I am assuming if I drive to the High Street I should be able to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Plum

Post by Plum »

Hi

Hope I'm not too late for you!

If you are talking about the main car park by the back of church, you need to carry on through the high street (going south, away from Oxted), follow the road road to the left and the car park entrance is on your left, it's sort of below the road.

Good luck - is the hike today? Not a nice day for it!

Plum
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Thank you Plum. The hike's tomorrow so your directions are just in time! Hope the weather's better tomorrow. Is there just that one car park or are there any more public ones there?
SSM

Post by SSM »

Theres a few little ones, but the main one is where Plum said.
Its on the A25, on the eastern outskirts of the village.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Thank you Plum and SSm. Will let you know tomorrow how we got on.
doodles

Post by doodles »

There's another quite big one down on Quebc Avenue.

But the main one is as said, if you want to do a route map/sat nav it the nearest point of interest is Quebec House (James Wolfe and all that) it's literally just past that.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Found the car park so thank you all. Infact, finding the car park was the easy part, it was getting to Westerham which took longer! I went on the A21 and there were gas works so had to come all the way back and then go via Biggin Hill. This was the first time I've been there. I must say I loved what little I saw of Westerham. Have made a mental note to go there again and see Chartwell etc.
SSM

Post by SSM »

Oh bromleymum, I was going to mention the gas works, but I thought you would be coming from Biggin Hill way, so didn't. :oops:
Plum

Post by Plum »

Hi BM

Westerham is lovely, we sometimes go there for lunch or for a snack when we've been for a walk at Toys Hill. There are some nice shops too!

Glad you found it OK and I hope that your DC has a good day - the weather is so much better today :D :D :D

Plum
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

SSM I am on the other side of Bromley so it was easier to go Sevenoaks way. But all's well that ends well.

Plum Yes, it is lovely. The shops look nice so will have to go again ona week day. Went to Chartwell before picking up DD. There wasn't enough time to get into the house but we enjoyed the gardens. DC2 wants to go again as they have been doing World war 2 in school. So, that is one day trip organised for the Easter hols!
Once again thank you both.