Customer Service

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Customer Service

Post by doodles »

I post in fear of being labelled a "grumpy old woman" :shock: but am I the only person who thinks that customer service has gone to pot? Why is getting anything done so frustrating?

Rant over. Thanks for listening :wink:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Know the feeling!! Been trying for 3 whole months (since moving) to change which company provides gas and electric to us. A catalogue of errors! And STILL the letters come addressed to The Occupier as they have no record of us living there...
marigold

Post by marigold »

I am ashamed to say I actually burst into tears of frustration on Thursday while dealing with a " customer experience manager" .

I was very unprofessional and I fear I swore, but they were so unhelpful and I felt so powerless. I even threatened them with my MP although what he could do about the late delivery of a skateboard ramp with the election coming up I am not sure.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

marigold wrote:I am ashamed to say I actually burst into tears of frustration on Thursday while dealing with a " customer experience manager" .
The job title says it all - whoever said the "customer experience" had to be a good one? :roll: :wink:
Marylou
Amber

Post by Amber »

But now that my pupils are 'clients' I feel the world might actually end.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

HSS tool hire (see the removing chewing gum thread :evil: and think "carpet cleaner")! Superb customer service, they were an absolute joy to deal with. It makes you want to go and hire scaffolding or something just for the h*ll of it.

Mike
melinda

Post by melinda »

there is no customer service these days - I had an awful experience with Sportsworld last year - the staff were not even allowed to give me the name of the manager!!!
It was all rather pathetic as I had this image of him hiding in the staffroom whilst this "grumpy old woman" raged outside!!
(My son hid in embarressment!!) :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Our communications stuff is with Virgin, and I was really impressed with them until the end of last year.

I then had a nightmare experience with their phone service - more than 2 weeks without a phone, cancelled engineer appointments galore, hours on hold listening to messages such as: "We value your call, please make no plans for your immediate lifetime". And no mobile coverage here either. :(

A week or so later I got an email survey to complete and I gave them a piece of my mind.

The next day an extremely nice man rang me up to ask what the details of the issue had been. He was unbelievably helpful - I had his direct email address and he dealt with everything very promptly. I also got a fairly generous rebate on my next bill.

He also managed to resolve the whole thing without using a single word of customer service speak. He just said: "I'm really sorry, we've let you down badly and I am going to put it right". Music to my ears! :D
Ally

Post by Ally »

The things i could say about Virgin Media's Customer Services :evil:

OH made 20! Yes 20 calls on Friday to try and find out why we had lost our internet. Somehow he didn't lose it once!! Every time a different answer. They haven't got a clue.

Currently waiting for an enginerr, it's part of being upgraded to quicker internet. Yes you end up with no internet!!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Virgin dont even go there :evil:

I spend nearly 2 months without internet a few years ago because they lied to me that they serviced my area, when they dont. They gave me a date and I canceled my BT and the battle of lies began.

Finally they told me after waiting months and being given dates without anyone coming up that actually my street doesnt even have cables for the telephone. I was fuming, two months no landline and internet on an internet freak like me :cry: I still receive their brochures to date and dont ever remember anyone digging up any trenches, so I am not sure what they are trying to offer me. It made me paranoid of ever trying any other internet providers and am now stuck with expensive BT. Thanks to Virgin :roll:
Impossible is Nothing.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now