Anyone else on a waiting list?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sherwood

Anyone else on a waiting list?

Post by Sherwood »

Or is it just me...? It's quiet around here! I guess nothing is happening yet. I just wish I could stop thinking about it constantly! Argh.
admissionslady

Post by admissionslady »

I've made my first batch of offers from the waiting list today - and I expect that my colleagues in the other GS 's will have started today too. So you'll soon see some movement.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Good to get news from "the coal face"!! Thanks for the info I am sure plenty of people will be sitting by the letter box tomorrow and wednesday..
Shaftsbury1

Post by Shaftsbury1 »

Sherwood,

Just a word to say thinking of all of you on the lists.I hope you hear good news this week.

Which school are you waiting to hear from?

When i called tiffin last week,i was told they can still be waiting to hear from councils this week and so it will take a few more days to send out more letters.
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

Thanks admissionslady - I wonder if you have a view on how many people refused offers this year, in comparison to last year. I'm wondering about the effect of the recession. :(

And thanks too Shaftsbury1 - my daughter's on the Tiffin Girls waiting list. I phoned last week too, and were told they won't hear from the LEA until Wednesday. I don't know why it takes them so long when neighbouring authorities are already making offers from the waiting list!
Plum

Post by Plum »

Fingers crossed Sherwood!

Plumx
GSWaiter

Anyone else on a wait list

Post by GSWaiter »

Hi there,

New user but I have been studying the forum for a few weeks to glean what I can about the waiting lists for Tiffin Boys.

Tiffin Boys pass mark was 228 this year and there were 6 boys on 227, 7 on 226 and 10 on 225. My son is on 225. Reading back through previous years he may be in with a chance but I think it will be a long wait to September!

I rang Admissions last week and was also told they won't know anything until this week.
carshaltonmum

Post by carshaltonmum »

Hi Sherwood,
My son is also on the waiting list for SGS and Tiffins. We live in Sutton so we prefer SGS. He used to be 7th on the SGS waiting list but moved up high due to parents and dcs changing their minds. He could easily have been given a place on the 2nd round of offers, but now, much as I want to be positive, it's becoming very uncertain :cry: . I'm finding it very distressful and frustrating. I'm feeling very sorry for ds as he thought he's got a really good chance...we don't want to worry him too much so we decided not to give him updates regarding the waiting list. To be honest, I think I'll be better off not asking for updates as well and just patiently wait.... :(
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

Hi Charshaltonmum

Oh that's bad news for you. :( It's my fear too. I don't think the Tiffin Girls list starts moving until tomorrow, and I'm dreading contacting them and finding out that she's been bumped down the list by people who've changed their minds.

I think you're right not to keep your son updated with the machinations of it all, because it could drag on for months. This is all so stressful! And unsettling for the children too.

But good luck, I hope some good news drops through your letter box in the next week or so.
tired

Post by tired »

Hello all,

My daughter has been offered a place at WGHS and is overjoyed. My heart goes out to you carshalton mum, the waiting is certainly more painful than anything else. I have endured to longest March of my life!!!

Good luck to everyone waiting :)