You won't believe what I've done..

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
crazydaisy

You won't believe what I've done..

Post by crazydaisy »

I'm in big trouble. I confiscated my DDs phone last night as she plays sims pets on it under the duvet instead of sleeping - and now I've lost it. After insisting she turns it off. I remember thinking I must put it in a safe place where my DS won't find it and send fake messages to her mates. Oh no! There'll be fur flying tonight. Anyone else done anything that silly recently? :oops:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Yes, crazydaisy, did the same with DS's Nintendo Ds - hate to say this but it took me ages to find it :oops:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Oh dear, you are in trouble aren't you? :lol: Hopefully it won't take you too long to find it!
Suey12

Post by Suey12 »

I washed my DS jeans with his phone still in the pocket :( (This was after asking him if his pockets were empty, rather than checking them myself !!!!! Luckily it was his first mobile phone, and wasn't anything very special. We replaced it, then the original one dried out and is perfectly functional too. His aspiration is an iphone - he can do his own washing when that happens !!!! :lol:

Good luck with the search for the phone - it's definitely switched off? You could try ringing the number ? (I'm sure you've already thought of that)
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Why don't you try ringing it to find out where it is?
Milla

Post by Milla »

she's turned it off!
This is the fatal flaw in putting something in A Safe Place. Immediately forgettable. Think back to the moment of confiscation and where you would have marched with righteous indignation and phone??
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

I recently confiscated DSs cricket ball and put it in the dirty wash basket (where he never goes!) - couldn't find it until the next wash :D
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

thanks for the support - glad I'm not alone. I've looked in two kitchen cupboards, top of the oven (found Christmas cards there...) and may end up with tidiest house we've ever had... but no phone so far. DD now demanding one with touch screen in replacement- I'm keeping on looking! :roll:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I think you are going to have to bite the bullet and replace with state of the art brand new shiny model, sadly :lol:

Have you checked the fridge and the oven? Sometimes when confiscating stuff if I am also tidying up the kitchen, so they could potentially end up anywhere :shock: They say I'm losing my marbles, but that just can't be true
PS We did lose a phone to the dog once, do you have a yellow lab by any chance :lol:
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

Get on to the service provider and explain the situation. I am told that even switched off mobile phones can be traced on the network fairly easily. At the very least, if not found, you can have the credit remaining transferred to a new simcard and the phone locked to prevent anauthorised use. Good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now