Mock tests Nonsuch/Tiffin Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doroty

Mock tests Nonsuch/Tiffin Girls

Post by doroty »

Hi everybody... Does anybody know about places to take Mock tests for girls trying to get a place in Nonsuch or Tiffins (as Sutton Grammar does for boys)?
My DD has been going to a tutor since May last year (now in year 5) but I would like to see if she is in the right level, comparing with other girls.

Thank you in advance
bugsbunny

Re: MOCK TESTS NONSUCH/TIFFIN GIRLS

Post by bugsbunny »

your DD can sit in the exams in SGS. the mock tests is not for boys alone. I know last year there were girls as well as noted in the mock test results data posted (M/F genders used)
doroty wrote:Hi everybody... Does anybody know about places to take Mock tests for girls trying to get a place in Nonsuch or Tiffins (as Sutton Grammar does for boys)?
My DD has been going to a tutor since May last year (now in year 5) but I would like to see if she is in the right level, comparing with other girls.

Thank you in advance
Plum

Post by Plum »

Bugsbunny is right. The SGS mock tests are open to all. Have a look at Sutton Grammar's website for dates and info about booking one.

Don't go too much by what the test result is though - the exam is mainly about giving DCs the experience of sitting a test under exam conditions so that they will know what to expect when it's the real thing and hopefully not be too intimidated or nervous!

My DS failed the mock test but passed WCGS by a big margin :roll: :roll:

Good luck to your DD.

Plum
doroty

Post by doroty »

Big thanks to all for the information provided! :wink:
atestingtime

Mock Exams

Post by atestingtime »

No doubt that sitting a mock test is very useful as an experience in itself. Learning to ignore thse around you and just get on with own thing in a self absorbed bubble is a real skill.

However if you are after Nonsuch or Tiffin girls place be aware that the Sutton mock tests are just Maths, English and a bit of VR.

Sutton does not have any NVR questions and these are half of the exam papers at Tiffin and Nonsuch.

Some local tutor firms do offer more specific mock tests but I have never tried them out.
atestingtime

Post by atestingtime »

:oops:
Having just checked Sutton website test dates are now available and I am wrong!

This years mock test is Maths, VR and NVR - good for my son, shame on his Mum!
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

The sutton mock tests have always been VR, NVR and maths as these can be computer marked. Never had any English :D

This means it is of benefit for those sitting Tiffin, but a bit scary for those who aren't as they won't have done any NVR
supermum2

Post by supermum2 »

Please can someone tell me how you fail the mock test? Do they have a specified pass mark?
All I need now is wings!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I dont think they tell you if your DC has passed or failed. They simply tell you the raw score and standard score and its up to you to work out if that is enough for the school you have in mind.

You can see the results here from last year

http://www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/ ... ults.shtml

Also worth noting is the mock test are a bit shorter than the actual test

My DD will be sitting the one on the 5th of June, just got the letter today. Are you planning on doing it?
Impossible is Nothing.
WP

Post by WP »

The standardized scores given are not adjusted for age, but presumably the real ones are.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now