Appeal preferences- lincs

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
josielowe

Appeal preferences- lincs

Post by josielowe »

Hello
I have emailed your regarding this issue.
The appeal dates for KGGS and KSHS have been published. We have stated or appeal preference as KGGS, but the appeal date is after KSHS. What happens in the appeal hearing if you are appealing to more than one school? Our daughter passed but we are out of county and the schools are oversubscribed. We haven't been offered another school in our county.
Josielowe
Alex

Post by Alex »

The appeal for each school is totally separate and neither has any bearing on the other. You should express your true preference. The Panel will not know about your expressed preference for appeal - though they may have a copy of the information which was passed between the Local Authorities when you fillled in your original CAF and so know what your original preferences were.

I am guessing that you are being asked purely for administrative purposes as there are probably others as well appealing for both schools - it makes it easier for the Admissions department to know who is likely to accept which place if anyone ends up in the enviable position of getting through both appeals; maybe they might schedule the appeals so that someone who is successful for the first school and definitely wants it first choice will know the result before their appeal comes up for the second school - but this is speculation on my part.

Position on the waiting list has no bearing whatsoever on the appeal; they are two entirely separate things and a panel may not take position on the waiting list into account when reaching a decision.

Were you told why your Local Authority has made no offer of a school place? It does have a duty to offer you something and I think you should contact your admissions department to find out what is happening. Did you express a preference for any school within your own Local Authority or were they all out of county? It would not be usual to wait for the outcome of appeals before offering a school place so I think you should definitely follow this up sooner rather than later.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now