Is it just me, or...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ed's mum

Is it just me, or...

Post by Ed's mum »

...does anyone else feel a bit excited when they see that they have a PM?
:lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Not these days! I have had so many unsolicited PMs over 5 years requesting advice on appeals from people who can't be bothered to post on the Forum and just try to come straight to me that my heart sinks like a stone at the sight of the pop-up window.

My mood does lift when I find the message is from any of my regular correspondents though! :D

(Please don't all PM me at once because I have said that!)
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

How about when you send someone a pm and they dont reply you and yet you see them active on the forum :cry:
Impossible is Nothing.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Oh dear. That can happen sometimes. Probably they mean to reply and then forget. Apologies to anyone I have ever done that too. I agree, sometimes it does feel like a snub.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Absolutely not! 99% of the messages I get are along the lines of how much they enjoy reading my posts and they note that I've successfully tutored my son for GS and could I advise them on how to pass please. If any of them had read my posts they'd know that I hand all that stuff over to a tutor and don't get involved. I advise posting on the forum where there are knowledgeable people who can answer their questions. Not one of them has ever done so and not one of them has even had the courtesy to acknowledge my reply.

Rant over... :wink:

Mike
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Maybe it's just little old me then?? :lol:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

OK, I admit it's nice when a "real" person sends a message, and it's very touching how much people care about others on the forum and offer help and support.

The rest of them can go hang though :twisted: doh! started getting mad about those rude people again, sorry...

Mike
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

They probably don't mean to be rude. They're probably (thinks of nice word) focused on the job in hand... :wink:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

There are really some great pm and my inbox is 56% full of all the great pm I receive from people and most people giving me advice.

Oh and one time I got a telling off by someone on the forum and gosh I received 2pm from people just telling me to not worry about the not so nice post. That was really lovely as that post had made me feel down a bit.
Impossible is Nothing.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I agree sherr_d, there's an awful lot of support that goes on 'behind the scenes'. I save all of the really lovely messages I get sent. As for the more unpleasant ones...I stew on them for a while then delete them.