For the appeals box

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

panicattack!

For the appeals box

Post by panicattack! »

Sorry but I would like to send an email to the appeals box but can't find out how to do it and don't want to put my question on the general forum. Could someone tell me what to do please?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Hello

Go to "There is a facility here for keeping sensitive information private while seeking advice" at the top of the page.

Click on the word "here".

This will take you to the instructions, but come back to us if anything is still not clear.
Etienne
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

thanks will try that.
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

sorry I have tried that but still not clear. Where am I putting in AppealsBox[at]elevenplus.... in the subject box surely this will come up on the forum won't it? :?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

You need to leave the forum altogether, and send an email using your own email address.

Does this help?
Etienne
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

thanks! Doesn't bode well to appeal if I can't seem to work out how to send a question does it :roll:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Don't worry. For anyone new to appeals, it's all very confusing to begin with.

Anyway, I often make the point that appeal panels take their decisions on the evidence available. They're not judging you or how you present your case.
Etienne
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

Now managed it and sent a specific question by email. Hope that is the right way of doing it.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I've now updated the instructions to try and make them clearer. I'm sure others have been confused in the past, but haven't had the courage to ask!

Message received. Your question is about the appropriateness of evidence.

I don't think it would be in any way wrong or prejudicial to submit the evidence you are proposing. As a rule of thumb, my advice is 'If in doubt about whether it is appropriate to include something, go ahead because it's up to the panel to decide what they think of it'.

You could always take pre-emptive action and say disarmingly to the panel "I'm not sure just how much weight you can attach to this sort of evidence, but I did at least want you to have the opportunity of considering it."
Etienne
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

Etienne
Thanks so much for making the instructions clearer and for your response. I didn't want to include something that shouldn't be there! I have found the advice and especially the Q & As extremely useful on this website for putting together an appeal so thanks to you and the other mods and anyone else who has emailed asking for clarification on certain issues that affect them because it has helped me.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now