Are there any debating clubs for KS2 kids in Warks

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Optimist

Are there any debating clubs for KS2 kids in Warks

Post by Optimist »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone is aware of any debating clubs/societies for KS2 kids in the Warks and Bgham areas?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I don't know of any but that sounds like a fantastic idea Optimist.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Hi Ed's Mum

Do you think we need to move this thread to "Everything Else". This way a wider audience can advise whether any exist nationally, and maybe what sort of names/guises these debating clubs come under.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

That sound's right up Midget's street, he'd love it :D

Let me know if you find anything and I will try searching aswell, but there is probably nothing until they are older :(
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

If you can't locate one, why not think about setting up one youselves?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

This house believes that Warwickshire should have a debating society for children.

I am proposing the motion.
Helsie

Re: Are there any debating clubs for KS2 kids in Warks

Post by Helsie »

Hi all,

I hope I'm not breaking any board rules by bumping this topic, but I found it on google and it caught my interest.

Debating clubs and societies for KS2 are an absolutely fantastic idea - until four weeks ago I was working for an East London LA as the G&T Project Coordinator and a large part of my role was organising debating events for both primary and secondary kids. I've now left my position there to set up my own business setting up debating clubs, coaching kids and doing INSET sessions. Although initially I'm focussing on London and the SE, I want this to be nationwide, eventually. Lots of secondary schools are at it, but it is less common at KS2 and virtually unheard of at KS1. I'm currently working in a school in Tower Hamlets with their KS2 kids once a week and we're in the process of setting up a second group.

If anyone wants some advice on getting up and running, please do contact me! This is a fantastic idea. I'm not trying to advertise my own services here - if I was, I'd have posted a link to my own site - I'm just happy to offer any advice.
Ohgosh!

Post by Ohgosh! »

Brilliant Idea - I wish it had been available for my DD, I'm sure it would help with all sorts of things
sullivan66

Post by sullivan66 »

Hello just saw this thread - I too think debating clubs are a fantastic idea at KS2. Does anyone know of any in the Hertfordshire area?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now