failed by one point.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lladnar

failed by one point.

Post by lladnar »

Would scores of NVR 137 VR 127 Maths 114 stand a good chance in an appeal in kent?? From my understanding of the kent pass mark he missed by 1 point. Can any one advise what we should do???
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - no knowledgeable advice I am afraid but gut feeling is that you should go for it with those higher results

good luck

Post by Guest »

many thanks, have full backing of head teacher and class teacher if we decide to appeal. Were the scary T.Wells side so im hoping 114 is not too low for what they expect and maybe, even if he got 115 he still may not have got in to TW ????!!
herenbay mum

Post by herenbay mum »

Have you asked the head why the school didn't appeal?

Post by Guest »

Hello Lladnar. I would have thought that, on past performance, your son's aggregate score would have been plenty high enough for TWGB (though not for Judd or Skinners).
Did you apply to TW? If so why not give them a ring and find out whether they are oversubscribed this year or have spaces for appeals? You may want to wait until you have had the stuff from KCC tomorrow though.
lladnar

Post by lladnar »

hi ya, they did the 'headteachers appeal' but it was unsuccessful.

Post by Guest »

I understand TW Grammar is oversubscribed and some boys to the East of the area have been offered Norton Knatchbull in Ashford!

Normally you would be very likely to be successful at appeal with those scores, but pressure on places in West Kent for those who have passed makes it difficult.

Sorry

Post by Guest »

Hi ya, yeah his first choice was TW. With an aggregate score of 378 its a pretty impressive failure score! Thanks for your advice, may well do that, but like you say probably wait until I get more info first.

Can anyone advise what the actual school pass mark is for Tunbridge Wells boys Grammar?? Is this known yet? This is my main concern that although his aggrgate was 378 and missed the Kent pass mark by 1 in one paper with a 114. What is TW's actually min pass in each paper? if were looking at say 119, then it means he missed out by a few??
Many thanks
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

With those scores, I would DEFINITELY APPEAL! Out of the three papers, they usually like to see a stronger maths paper, which could be why the headteacher's appeal was not successful. Did they tell you why it was not successful? If your son has a strong maths background, then it's worth appealing. Was TW Boys one of your choices?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - no knowledgeable advice I am afraid but gut feeling is that you should go for it with those higher results

good luck