Key Stage 1 SATS Maths past papers

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pixiequeen

Key Stage 1 SATS Maths past papers

Post by pixiequeen »

Sorry this is KS1, not KS2, but do any of you terribly clued up people out there know where I can download free KS1 Sats Maths papers at Level 3? I'm sure I've seen some in the past but can't remember where :?

Any help very much appreciated.

PixieQueen
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

They are available online.

amended my post
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Thanks Mitasol - exactly what I was looking for!

Get general impression Teacher will be doing 'assessments' as much along the lines of the old SATS as possible. I got the impression at parent's evening that she was trying to suggest I do some homework with my summer born DD to make sure she actually gets the level 3s she's capable of as the levels are used to set targets during the junior school. Kind of feel this is the Teacher's job but don't want to let my child down... :?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Rising Stars (Publisher) used to do a "Achieving Level 3" it was for KS1. There were 3 separate workbooks for reading writing and maths. It might help you cover all bases.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Oddly enough, I had a look at Rising Stars earlier today, trying to find exactly the books you mention. All I found was Achieve Level 3 for KS2 - which I nearly bought until I 'Looked Inside' it and realised that Level 3 at KS1 is VERY different to Level 3 at KS2 :shock:

I will look again though, maybe I just missed it. I definitely think it would help - time is running out though...
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

I was told by DS2's teacher that they will be sitting SATs but that she can 'modify' the score using teacher assessment for DC's that dont perform on the day. They also wont be telling them it is a test, just another worksheet so there's no big deal about it.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Then I think it highly likely that they will be using a previous paper. I checked G55 maths post after I had posted the link and they were deliberately omitted for that reason.
Guest55 wrote:KS1
Not sure I agree with posting the KS1 tests as new ones aren’t produced each year ...
It may be inappropriate to practice previous papers. :?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Oddly enough, I had a look at Rising Stars earlier today, trying to find exactly the books you mention. All I found was Achieve Level 3 for KS2 - which I nearly bought until I 'Looked Inside' it and realised that Level 3 at KS1 is VERY different to Level 3 at KS2
Okay can someone confirm this for me because I assumed that the levels remained static regardless of key stage. The book cover says Key stage two but wouldn't that be because strictly speaking it is key stage two children that work at level 3. I was under the impression that key stage one children working at that level are above the norm and therefore have moved onto stage 2 work.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It's an old series now out of print - probably because no KS1 exams any more.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Achieve-Level-W ... 814&sr=8-4

I think that KS1 level 3 - means you are starting to work at level 3 although not yet covered most of the level 3 syllabus. Equally KS2 level 5, starting to work at level 5 but not yet covered all KS3 level 5 components.

I thought about a third of KS1 obtained a level 3 under the old exams.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now