Sutton Grammar School Mock test dates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bugsbunny

Sutton Grammar School Mock test dates

Post by bugsbunny »

Just letting everybody know that mock test dates have been published yesterday (June and July)
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

thank you very much
supermum2

Post by supermum2 »

We have received our date in early June..has anyone else? Als do you know what formatt the verbal reasoning is for this test.

Many thanks
All I need now is wings!
Plum

Post by Plum »

Maths, VR & NVR are all multiple choice.

Plumx
supermum2

Post by supermum2 »

Thanks for that.... what I meant to say was which exam board ie Nfer.

Multiple choice sounds good.
All I need now is wings!
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Not sure the mock tests are anything in particular although they are computer marked sheets similar to NFER. However this is just a test put on by the PTA and not too much should be read into it. The main value is practice under exam conditions-good experience to see small children crying in exams so not flustered if happens in the real thing, sorting out going to the loo in a break and so on.

In the actual exam Sutton follow the NFER format up until now, but the other boys grammar schools set their own exams so you will need to cover all forms of verbal reasoning.

The other thing you should think about with the mock test is how to handle the result-don't want them complacent if done well or despairing if done badly.

I never told my children their results, just that had done ok but test showed bit more work needed. I told them in advance they would not know their actual result.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

supermum2 wrote:We have received our date in early June..has anyone else?
Yes my DD is doing the mocks on sat the 5th of June, when are you doing yours Supermum?

My understanding is that they are NFER papers but much shorter. I think about 50 questions for VR and NVR as compared to about 80 in the actual test. As supermum rightly points out the main purpose is just to help with confidence so they dont get a shock on the exam day finding themselves taking a test with in a new environment with strangers. Surrey mum good idea about not telling them about results, it will cause more harm than good esp for us as we get mock results in aug and the actual test is beginning of september.
Impossible is Nothing.