Plymouth

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mrsniff

Plymouth

Post by mrsniff »

Hi, I'd love to hear from other Mum's or Dad's in the Plymouth area who have children taking the 11+ in Jan 2011. It would be great to share the experience.

:D
Minnie

Re: Plymouth

Post by Minnie »

Hi mrsniff

My DD is taking the 11+ in Jan 2011. How's it going? 8)
mrsniff

Post by mrsniff »

Hi, good to hear from you. We have ups and down but more ups at the moment which is great. DD is working as hard as she can. Do you have a tutor? Which school do you want? Are you registered for the mock exam? There is nothing easy about the 11+ and I have huge respect for any child which does it. Look forward to hearing from you :D
Minnie

Post by Minnie »

Hi, all going well here though we have our moments! We have a tutor who was recommended. We are aiming for PHSG, have registered for mock which seems to be racing towards us.. How about you? 8)
mrsniff

Post by mrsniff »

Hi, glad it is going well. Our DD wants PHSG as well and has a recommended tutor. Is yours Sara? Would hate to home tutor the battles would be dreadful! Did you go to the PHSG open day in July? We did and DD thought it was great - just hope she makes it or we will have one disappointed little girl. DD is going to do the mock which we are hoping will put her more at ease.
Minnie

Post by Minnie »

Hi, our tutor is Sue we used her a few years ago when my nephew took 11+. She's very much 'leave it to me' which is good for us as like you there would be some battles! We didn't go to the open day as we were away. We did go last Septemeber & liked what we saw. Good to chat to someone in the same position.
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

Hi - My Daughter hopes to go to Devonport, but is quite happy to go to Plymouth High. We live in Millbrook, so whichever school is going to be quite a journey for her to get to. She goes to group tuition in Plymouth, but before the mock we started one to one locally too. Keep in touch about your 11 plus experience.
mrsniff

Post by mrsniff »

Hi, good to hear from you. How did dd do in the mock? Our little girl did well so we are feeling a bit better about the whole 11+ experience but still aware that anything could happen. It is the uncertainty that is a killer.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now