Book Club: First Round Poll 3

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Which of these would you like to read first?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:19 am

Germinal Emile Zola
29%
Dangerous Liasons Choderlos de Laclos
13%
A Farewell to Arms Hemingway
16%
After You'd Gone Maggie O'Farrell
29%
Bone People Keri Hulme
13%

Total votes: 38

bromley mum

Book Club: First Round Poll 3

Post by bromley mum »

This is the list of books for the first round of voting. Please vote for a book, preferably not your own nomination. Polls close midnight Wednesday. The order in which books wil be read and the time frame wil be posted soon after that. There will be a separate thread for each book so you can keep discussing a paticular book for as long as you wish. Please vote in the 3 polls posted.
moved

Post by moved »

Can these threads be moved to the top each day so that members who would like to join but were on holiday when the thread began can vote too?
Milla

Post by Milla »

am I being very dim in wondering why ther are three lists each supposed to be part of the first round???!?!?
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Milla, Sally-Anne told me the programme would only let me post 8 or 9 choices. Since we had decided that we would be polling for the order in which to read the books and not whether the book would be read at all, I had to post three polls in order to get all the recommendations down. After we have gone through this set of books (which, admittedly may take us a year!) people would be able to recommend more books. Hence, this is the first round.
Milla

Post by Milla »

durr, yes, sorry BM. All became clearly when finally caught up with the masses of book club type stuff!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

BM, I suggest that to prevent it taking us a whole year to get through the list, a few of the least popular titles should be dropped after the first round?

(Ducks and prepares for disagreement!)

S-A
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

S-A. That is a good idea. We can definitely drop the books getting 0% vote (there were a couple last time I checked). I'll wait and see how the votes pan out. Polling closes tomorrow night and after that we'll have a good idea about the least popular books. BTW could you lock the polls at midnight tomorrow (or whenever you go to bed :D ).
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Yes, I agree drop those books with no votes, even if it does mean losing mine :cry: - actually, I don't know that, I didn't vote on that page, so I don't know what the votes are.

Can't wait for the outcome tomorrow - what time is it closing and well will you announce the results?? :D :D :D
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Polling closes at midnight tomorrow so the results should be with you sometime on Thursday (DD going to Paris on music tour on Fri (thankfully by ferry) so will be busy packing on Thur but will try to post the results as soon as I can. I feel we should have the BBC commenting on this, with the swingometer in action as this is probably more interesting to some of us that the General Election!! :D
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Last day of polling. Make your vote count. There is still time. If you haven't voted and your book is not near the top then your vote may make a difference! If you did not vote because your book is at the top then you need to vote to keep it at the top.

:D :D :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now