anxious parent worried about daughter

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kentparent

anxious parent worried about daughter

Post by kentparent »

Hi all,,,
sitting here going through some of the forum subjects, for no reason what so ever....knowing full well this is not going to make a letter come any quicker or ease my duaghters anxiety. She has not slept for the last couple of days due to the pressure. I have booked her favourite resturant to take her out for a nice meal with cocktails as this is what she loves as a real good treat. I thought this would be nice for her whatever happens. We will not get the result until i finish work....i feel nervous for her as my daughter has got her heart set on going to grammer no matter what. I have done my best in explaining that she will be able to achieve in whatever school she goes to but she is still insistant on what she believes will make her happy...any advice cos im dreading tomorrow.
I no this is late to ask but im desperate now....just want my little girl to be happy.
SJ

Post by SJ »

I am not sure what to say because the tone of your post is so full of emotion and anxiety. Obviously you want your daughter to be happy and if she really has her heart set on a particular school it is going to be difficult if she does not get offered that particular school, but no matter what you will both get through it. Give her lots of hugs and reasurrance until you have the allocation and then I would open it together whilst holding hands - or something like that. I wish you all the very best and make sure she has a nice long luxurious soak in the bath tonight before going to bed to try and realx her a little. Keep in toush and let us know how things go. Take Care

Post by Guest »

Thankyou...just saying something helps sometimes. will let you know thankyou
usa

Post by usa »

Good luck Kent Parent, with getting thru the next 24 hrs and then whilst you open the envelope.
I am sure your daughter has worked so hard - I do hope she gets her wish.
There is nothing any of us can say or do - the decision has already been made - but we are thinking of you and really hope it is good news!
Let us know
USA
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi KentParent,

Your daughter is very understandably anxious, but, if bad news were to arrive, she may take them a lot better than you fear.

Best of luck for tomorrow

Catherine
GemmaB

Post by GemmaB »

just wantd to say how lucky your daughter is to have such a caring Mum I'm sure with your support she will be OK GOOD LUCK!!!
SJ

Post by SJ »

Hi Kent parent

Did she and you have a reasonable night? Let us know how you are doing. Take Care

Post by Guest »

My god, thankyou so much for all your support. My daughter opened the letter after school as i sat with her (this is how she wanted it). As she open the letter i saw grammer school in bold letter just down the page. As i said to her she has done it she screamed as she broke down into my arms. The emotion was so imense even my autistic son came running down the stairs and copied what i said to her...'you did it baby and its all over now...im so so proud of you...its all over and you cry baby girl...its done and you going to grammer'...my son cuddled us both and also said he was proud even though he does not fully understand the meaning of the word.....it was a family moment that will stay with me for always. You see she has done this against the odd of society...coming from a single parent background....a carer for her brother as well as other life experiences she has encountered....she has shown true resilience all the way and this was her only dream...this is why i was so worried for her. Thankyou all. Take care...and no matter what you go through you can always suceed in your dreams you just have to believe in your self...my daughter is an example to many....well done my baby...i love you so so much. ***

Post by Guest »

Ow i forgot also...she went for her meal...the place that serves her favourite food...mexican...and she got her cocktail (non-alchole of course)..xx
GemmaB

Post by GemmaB »

HOW FANTASTIC!!!
Brought tears to my eyes
Well done to your daughter and you - sounds as if you are a great team!!!
Good Luck!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now