Bus from Swindon to Gloucester

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
koalabear

Bus from Swindon to Gloucester

Post by koalabear »

Just when I thought I had it all sorted... my house-move has gone to pots so I'm now on a mission to work out how I'm going to get DS to Tommies. Well, I thought I had a back-up plan but it turns out that the minibus is full and there's no way that I can drive to Gloucester and back twice a day plus drive into work to do my full time hours!

Can anyone wave their magic wands and help, please?!?!?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Oh no hope you get it sorted. Do some use the train? I have a vague recollection that DS1's friend was told this by a boy from Swindon who would now be in y8.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Apparently there are boys in year 8,one at Crypt and one at Tommies,who travel from Swindon to Gloucester every day.They use the train or taxi!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Gosh, what a long way to travel to school. Are the schools in Swindon so bad then?
koalabear

Post by koalabear »

Hi Amber,

Without wanting to offend anyone out there, they are truly awful! Plus any good comprehensive would find it hard to compete with most of the grammars :-)
koalabear

Post by koalabear »

I've looked into the train but that's a no-go as DS would then have to take taxi to the school! Mrs Brown at Tommies office has been ever so helpful so I think I just need to take a deep breath and wait to see what happens... or get into a total panic and move to Ciren after all!!! :-)

Capers - do you know if any children get in without actually sitting the 11+?!?!
Milla

Post by Milla »

at the open day you go to in June or July (a saturday) there will be Ladies from the PA at the back with white boards for you to offer lifts / ask for lifts etc. Do you want me to e-mail the head of the PA and ask her if she knows if anyone is worth contacting about this now??
koalabear

Post by koalabear »

hi milla,

if you can, that would be great!!! Thank you :-)
Milla

Post by Milla »

have pm'd you - look across the bottom and click on "you have X new messages"