Key Stage 2 Sats Advice please

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stephylou

Key Stage 2 Sats Advice please

Post by Stephylou »

Hello, I was wondering if you could give me some advice.

Last year my eldest daughter completed her SATS. The pressure did show but still she recieved an overall score of 6's. As you can see she is very bright and mature for her age.

Now my second Daughter is currently doing her Mocks for her SATS. The school have her in Booster classes as she is just not as Accademic as my eldest daughter. She feels she has to compete with her, when she does not. Every Child/person has their talents. Her talent lies in music and is in the Cities top Orcestra group.

Anyway, the pressure is very showing. I have had the headmaster ring me and praise her for the hard work she has put in so I have treated her and praised her too. But she is falling apart at home, very teary (not hormonal), loosing her temper. Complaining after school her head feels like it's going to explode. They are testing her everyday just to get her to a Level 4 (average). I have told her not to worry and how proud I am of her and how it will be over with soon.

Any advice how I can relieve some of this pressure off her would be greatful.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is suffering like this. I breaks my heart to see children feeling this sort of stress when still in primary school.

Tell her that although you want her to do her best, primarily the test is to check that her teachers have been doing their job properly and that the results are more important to the school than to her.

I know that it depends which school she is moving to and whether they 'set' by the year 6 SATs results but this may help to ease things...