Mock tests for Kent/Bromley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ang's mom

Mock tests for Kent/Bromley

Post by Ang's mom »

Hi all ,

Are there any mock tests available for Kent,Bromley and Bexley?
I know Kent does one in September, on the Saturday before the real exams.

Are there any during the summer holidays?

Please , is anyone aware of any that took place last year or the years before ?

Thanks in advance.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

In kent I don't think there are any official mocks apart from the practise ones the week before the real test ( I may be wrong). You may be able to find a tutor who does them privately, the tutor I use does one, but she sets it herself and its just to get the children a bit more familiar with the timings and doing all the papers in succession in an exam environment.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Bromley don't have official mcok tests, not even practise ones like Kent. Tutors may do some themselves.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Kent do not do mock tests. They have a 'practice' session the Saturday before the test for OOC candidates, and for Kent pupils, they usually have a 'practice' session in school time.

These 'practice' sessions comprise of NFER paper A, B, C or D, which you can buy yourself from any good bookstore, online etc. My children did find these practices useful, more for the setting etc. than the actual test paper itself.
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Thanks everyone :)
mystery

Post by mystery »

I think that's right. I don't think many schools mark them, and if they did it's pretty meaningless as those NFER practice papers A, B, C, D are just to show you all the different types of question rather than to produce a mark which would relate to your child's 11+ test score.
when the process will end

Post by when the process will end »

Suttun Grammar School PTA does a series of mock tests (Maths-standard, VR and NVR) which is very good practice and also gives a very good idea.

One can register now for the first tests in June.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now