Has Anyone Been Successful......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stressedaddy

Has Anyone Been Successful......

Post by stressedaddy »

Hello,

Things have gone quiet here, we've got over the disappointment of our DS not getting KEFW's place and moved on and busy preparing for SATs and the "new" school. Our DS has pretty much over the disappointment and its not something we talk about, although older brother is at KEFW's. We have come to the realisation that with strong support and guidence second DS will do well and if you don't succeed the first time, try and try again. For me, it wasn't until I sat back and looked at the BIGGER picture of our existence, we didn't see how the 11plus process had taken over our life and how centeric it became, everything else became a blur and it took "rejection" to realise this. But that's my 10 pence of philosophy.

Now, with parents on waiting lists for a place, at KEGS any success stories to share? Have the lists moved as much as they ave done in the past?

Keep in touch posters......
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Not sure exactly how the waiting list works but there is some movement (however miniscule) in Y7 at KECH. Autumn term, one pupil left for KES and his place was re-filled.

And also, just a couple of days ago, my son mentioned that a new pupil has just joined KECH in the summer term.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Just wanted to say also, Stressdaddy- that with support and the positive attitude you're showing, your DS should do well. :)
za1

KECH

Post by za1 »

Just to underline that getting a place at a Grammar school does not mean that your child will be happy there. The available place referred to by DIY Mum was because a particular child just did not like KECHB and he's left to join a local comprehensive. He felt it was too 'academic'. I've asked my son if he thinks the school is too academic .....and his reply was 'No - it's sick'. :D

I think that wherever your child end up, he will succeed with the right support.
daddy_cool

Places

Post by daddy_cool »

I know it's a different school, but two new students have joined in the Spring term at KEFW with no other pupils leaving. My daughter was a bit confused as to why they didn't join in September, and (at the time) she and her friends came with all sorts of theories, such as 'Her letter might've got lost in the post'. I have no reasonable explanation…
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now