Slough Grammar -Open evening - 2010 Exams, 2011 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chad

Slough Grammar -Open evening - 2010 Exams, 2011 entry

Post by chad »

Slough Grammar school is holding its Open Evening as below

Wednesday 28th April 2010 5pm - 8pm

It is also holding a number of Open Days that are by appointment only.

See

http://www.sloughgrammar.berks.sch.uk/y ... ssions.htm
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

i had been there to open evening yesterday and it was fanatastic

SGS offers IB diploma also which I liked so now I am confused as to whether to put SGS as 1st choice or LGS as first choice.

only SGS offers IB in slough surroundings of all grammar schools. langley academy (non selective) also offers IB diploma though

i will wait for LGS's open day/evening and take a decision

no maths now in SGS also the exam will be in november and results will be out in decemeber

head teacher also changing from this year and new head teacher was nevrous while speaking in fornt of parents yesterday which was a disappointment to me
Moving on

Post by Moving on »

We were at the New Parents Open Evening on Tuesday 27 April for our DC starting at SG this September.

The presentation was good and we were impressed by what we heard though this had already been covered at the pre 11+ Open Evening last year. It would have been nice if we had been informed about the everyday practicalities e.g. school start/finish times, after school clubs, policy on mobile phones or if we had been given this information in a brochure. It would have also been nice if the new Head Teacher had been at the Tuesday event as opposed to just the one on Wednesday.

Other than that, we left with the good feeling and the realisation that this is it! Our DD will be at SG in five months time and that's when the hard work begins!
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

may i know why did u choose sgs and not lgs or any other grammar school
Moving on

Post by Moving on »

To be honest, another GS was our first choice purely as it is closer. Our DD missed getting in to that GS by one mark. We appealed but it was upheld. SG was our second choice, again purely due to distance. LG was our third as it in the Consortium and BG was our fourth as it is OOC.

It was our first experience of the 11+ process and we will go through it again for our second DD. We are happy that our first DD is in a GS no matter which one it is as all GS have high academic standards.
Booklady

Slough Grammar

Post by Booklady »

We went on Wednesday and also liked the school. After the presentation I asked the new head if the VR and NVR papers would the the same ones as taken in the other Slough Consortium schools - and she could not yet confirm this - but said they were hoping that was the way the Governors would go as it made sense. She said this info should be on the website in a couple of weeks. Just thought people might like to know.
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

Hi Movingon we have two children at SGS Y7 and Y11 we have been more than happy with the school. So hopefully you will be too. If you have any questions you can pm me re phones start times etc.
Moving on

Post by Moving on »

Hi Overpeck - thanks for your response and it is reassuring to know that your children are happy at SG.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now