Election 2010

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Election 2010

Post by doodles »

Is anybody else going to stay up and see what happens? Luckily I don't work on Friday so it will depend on how long I can stay awake.

Still trying to work out who to vote for. Now working on a process of elimination i.e. crossing out who I DON'T want to vote for and see what's left!!! Well I can't think if any other way now. If not I'll be doing my neatest colouring on the ballot paper!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I'll be up Doodles, working (not too hard I hope).

TV signal not great and no SKY so might have to rely on naff NHS internet ...

If all else fails I'll be on here!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Might, and it's a pretty huge might, get up at 4am when it gets a bit more interesting rather than stay up all night. Anyway after 10pm the dog starts to make groaning noises hinting that he'd like us to go to bed! :roll:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

best time is usually between 2 and 4- large numbers of seats come in at the at time.

http://election.pressassociation.com/De ... y_time.php
marigold

Post by marigold »

I remember sitting up all night in 1997, heavily pregnant and hooting with pleasure as Portillo and Rifkind lost their seats. I also remember that the next day was bright and sunny and everyone seemed to have a new spring in their step.

I will be up again all night this time as I will not be working on Friday and I suppose it is now my turn to accept graciously the hooting of others.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Can only stay awake if my party will be the one leading. :roll:
Impossible is Nothing.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

The 1997 election brings back memories for me too.Sitting in bed at 3am feeding 2 week old DS and watching all the results come in,was the only time I didn't moan about being awake at that ungodly hour!

GM
Amber

Post by Amber »

Wouldn't bother. I bet they won't know what's going to happen and which of the jolly jokers will be in number 10 till at least 2pm on Friday.

Can't wait.

Sigh.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

they have already delayed the start of the next session of parliament for a week longer than usual as they think they may still be sorting it out by then!

It will all come down to the election in Thirsk and Malton on 27th May....
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

So how many will be watching and on here then?