What was the most satisfying thing/moment in Election 2010?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bromley mum

What was the most satisfying thing/moment in Election 2010?

Post by bromley mum »

Although we have been left with a hung parliament, there have been some good moments. For me the best was the BNP defeat which proved that my faith in the British people was not misplaced. Hats off to th peolpe of Barking and Dagenham. What was the highlight for you?
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Though I did not vote for them, I was emotional when i saw that the green party got a seat in parliament.
Chelmsford mum

Re: What was the most satisfying thing/moment in Election 20

Post by Chelmsford mum »

bromley mum wrote: Hats off to the people of Barking and Dagenham. What was the highlight for you?
Me too absolutely the highlight Barking and Dagenham. :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:
So happy....can't tell you all the reasons why.Just to say it was once looking bad and I have some very close personal links - past and ongoing :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Absolute triumph over scaremongering and prejudice :D :D :D :D
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Me too :lol: Fantastic, but the real Great British public really don't let us down as far as these clowns are concerned :lol:
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I think you will know by now that the B&D result was the highlight for me too.

This one's for you, CM. Finally got to show off my knowledge today (having read recommended website) and one of the colleagues I mentioned in a previous post was absolutely appalled at the 'mongrelising' bit. Job well done I'd say.

Forgot to mention bigotgate - I did find it rather entertaining. Did not feel sorry for either Gillian Duffy or GB and I suspect that many a politician was secretly grateful to the PM for reminding them of the need to switch off their microphone.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

KS10 wrote:I think you will know by now that the B&D result was the highlight for me too.

This one's for you, CM. Finally got to show off my knowledge today (having read recommended website) and one of the colleagues I mentioned in a previous post was absolutely appalled at the 'mongrelising' bit. Job well done I'd say.
That's great KS10 - Thanks. We will all sleep more peacefully for it.. :D
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Decided to edit my post at the wrong time!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Best bit??? getting home to go to sleep at 0800!!!!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I shall say my worst bit, it was watching Ed Balls being re elected :cry: He is just so arrogant and so annoying. I just wanted a sick bucket when I saw the smugness on his face after being re-elected. The best bit is I dont have to see him waffle on about our kids anymore and also see him fake it pretenting he likes kids when he was out and about in his past job. :lol:

What made me giggle was that BNP got 500k votes. Its really one party that makes me laugh out of their sheer ignorance. For some reason I dont hate them as I should. I feel sorry on how deluded they are to think they are the only people that matter. I even found myself sitting listening to their manifesto this year when they launched it. :roll:
Impossible is Nothing.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

sherry_d wrote:I shall say my worst bit, it was watching Ed Balls being re elected :cry: He is just so arrogant and so annoying. I just wanted a sick bucket when I saw the smugness on his face after being re-elected.
If we are going to turn this into a worst bit thread.....
I have exactly the same feelings with so many of the tories especially George Osborne.
However as this is meant to be a positive thread I will go to bed with images of the BNP walking away empty handed....gnite x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now