VE Day

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Maybelle

VE Day

Post by Maybelle »

So... Away from the election, but still focusing on Our Country... Anyone doing / done anything to mark the 65th anniversary of VE day, today? :?:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

No, but would be nice if the BBC could not talk about the election in the same sentence that commemorates VE day! :x
Amber

Post by Amber »

I have removed this post in light of Tipsy's remark.

Sorry if I upset anyone. :oops:

A
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Deleted message
Maybelle

VE Day

Post by Maybelle »

:?: :?: Presumably (obviously??) I have missed something here..?... Anyway, I shall continue about this special day...

We took the DC's to a small (and beautiful) village here in Wirral. The village Green had been the location of their VE celebrations and the day was recreated here. Wonderful commemoration and memorial. Tables laid out (street party style) for families to eat their own picnics. A number of people dressed 1940's style... "Jaunty and enduring" wartime songs and singalong... The day was to remember and respect, but also to
raise money for local charities which included Forces Veterans. A lovely day - only the weather could have been better...

I'll just close here, if I may, with a quote from Churchill's reflective speech... "When shall the reputation and faith of this generation of British men and women fail? I say that in the long years to come not only will the people of this island but of the World, wherever the bird of freedom chirps in human hearts, look back to what we've done and they will say do not despair, do not yield to violence and tyranny, march straightforward and die if need be - unconquered."

'Nuff said by me...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now