Bucks CI - movement by May

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Posey

Post by Posey »

Hi

Anyone out there know if there is much movement on the CI list for DCHS in Bucks in May? We are 15 on the list and just wondered what our chances are.

Appreciate any advice.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Posey

I fear that the news will not be good. DCHS usually has a very small number of catchment girls on the waiting list and they don't always get in, so at number 15 I am afraid it is very unlikely that the list will reach you. "Never say never" of course, but you would be very wise to focus on Plan B at present.

I am so sorry that I can't be more positive.

Sally-Anne
Posey

Post by Posey »

Hi Sally-Anne,
I thought that might be the case but ever-hopeful. Next round of waiting list letters are due out shortly (12 May?) so everything crossed.
Thank you.
Posey
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

My daughter moved 4 places last year - from March to September and, as far as I know, the list hasn't moved since. We were higher on the list than you so I'm afraid to say I agree with the advice to look at Plan B. I don't think the Waiting List will ever move more than about 5 places in total - we thought last year might have been particularly bad because of the recession. Are you in catchment? I know it is disappointing but for the same reasons you want the school so does everybody else. Are you happy with your Plan B?
Posey

Post by Posey »

Newgirl, Just wanted a general opinion on the movement. Hopeful as ever but certainly not pinning all our hopes on much movement. I realise that everyone else wants the school for the same reasons we do. Plan B already in place so not losing sleep - just asking.
Posey
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

Pleased to hear that you've got a good plan B. Please do keep me posted as to whether the list moves much as it would be quite interesting to compare last year with this. I might just ring DCHS to see if the list has moved at all in the last year!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now