Waiting Lists AHS & RLS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hassledmum

Waiting Lists AHS & RLS

Post by hassledmum »

Hi

Just wanted to know if anyone has any info on waiting lists for AHS & RLS from previous years. We are 8th on both lists and are on course for appeal but it would be good to know if there is movement on the lists from previous years. This is all so stressful - wish it was september and had all been sorted!
:roll:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Hi Hassledmum. I really don't know much at all but wanted to atleast reply, I am very certain that the more experienced and super people will be along very soon :D

I think RLS may have only moved about 4 space's last year, AHS maybe possibly a bit more movement.

Edit: Thought you may find this interesting as it show's how much further the school's went out from 1st rounds through to September.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11-plu ... rofile.php
hassledmum

Thanks Midget Man

Post by hassledmum »

Thanks for that - looking at the allocation profiles we would get into AHS as we are within the final allocation last year although I know it's different every year. But RLS have already allocated further this year than last year and we are only 0.8 miles outside that! We have been told that SHF has quite a few spaces remaining and have requested a place there although it really isn't our preferred school - definetly 3rd best! Oh I hate this uncertainty it seems so unfair as DD got 137 in her 11+ and is gifted and talented and would therefore really benfit form grammar school education! Never mind we wait............
Marylou

Re: Thanks Midget Man

Post by Marylou »

hassledmum wrote:But RLS have already allocated further this year than last year and we are only 0.8 miles outside that!
That 0.8 miles can be so near and yet so far! That's how far out we were last year and we also started off 8th on the waiting list...it seemed to average out at about one tenth of a mile per applicant on the waiting list, since by the time we got to 4th place we were still less than half a mile out. :roll:

Just out of interest, have you been told how far the RLS allocation distance has moved since the initial allocation? (Feel free to PM if you prefer.)
Marylou
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Hi Hassledmum-Have you been over to the appeal's section? It may be worth visiting to make sure that your appeal case is as strong as it can be if it come's down to that, but hopefully you'll get a decision from the waiting list. Do you know when your appeal is? I think 3rd round allocation's is shortly usn't it?

You have to remain positive about SHF though, still a very good school with like minded children and your DD will still be getting that grammar school education. People that are there have been very happy with it I believe.
hassledmum

Post by hassledmum »

Hi MidgetMan
Yes I've checked the appeals lages and I think it is as good as I can make it. THe RLS appeal is on the 25th May and there are 22 appeals for this school. We haven't had a date for AHS yet but I'm led to believe it will be end of June! However there are only 6 appeals for AHS - don't know if it is good. Yes SHF is a good school - we did visit it recently and had a ggod visit but it really doesn't have that wow factor that say AHS has. I try to take a step back as I know DD will do really well whereever she goes but I need to know that I've done everything in my power to get her to the best that she can go to.
Thanks for your support - this forum is brilliant and I have been following you all and it's nice when things work out.