SATs illness on day

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally Herts

SATs illness on day

Post by Sally Herts »

I don't really understand the significance of these Year 6 SATs, but just wanted to check something.

My DS was ill yesterday morning with bad stomach ache - as was my OH, so they think I must have poisoned them at teatime! :shock: He still went in and sat the exam. He didn't mention it to the teacher, and said he only answered about 75% of the questions in full as he was in such pain. He's not bothered, and still won't say anything to the teacher, as he hates making a fuss.

Does it matter? Thank you for listening!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I wouldn't worry. I don't think telling his teacher he was unwell would have made any difference and if you kept him off he would have been marked absent. They don't have an option to sit at a later date.

With many schools boycotting sats I think teacher assessed levels will be more important.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

From what I gather, it seem's that enough school's boycotted the SATS to make the league tables meaningless, according to the news yesterday evening anyway.
Sally Herts

Post by Sally Herts »

Thank you for your replies. Will feel a bit guilty sending him in, if his mark spoils the school's score! Hope the teacher doesn't think he messed up on purpose :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now