Choral Course for 8-15 year olds

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Choral Course for 8-15 year olds

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

For anyone interested there is a Junior Choral Course (boys and girls) running next Easter (14-20 April) which is directed by the Precenter of Eton who runs the Eton Choral Courses. It is for ages 8-15 and is a residential course held at Dean Close. This is the only Eton Choral Course for this age group and DS thoroughly enjoyed it.

http://ralphallwood.com/eton-choral-courses/
Amber

Post by Amber »

Or for the sheer joy of watching him, apparently Gareth Malone is back on TV soon. Not sure about the sea shanty bit - but I will watch anything with him in it. :)
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Gareth Malone, the choir's equivalent of David Tennant. 8)
KB

Post by KB »

To support Tipsy's recommendation -

We were told that for DCs who might apply for Oxbridge Choral scholarship in the future the Eton Courses are a big advantage.

Ralph Allwood came to CRGS last May to run a workshop & DC really enjoyed it.

(John Rutter visiting the school today to run workshops for pupils - the Head of Music certainly has some top notch contacts!)
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

And for older children there are also Organist courses run by Eton too.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Amber wrote:Or for the sheer joy of watching him, apparently Gareth Malone is back on TV soon. Not sure about the sea shanty bit - but I will watch anything with him in it. :)
OOh I agree about Gareth, I have him as a 'friend' on a social networking site. He even replied to me once... :wink:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Ed's mum,

Do Rugby not run similar courses given the choirs frequent success at national competitions?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Ed's mum wrote:
Amber wrote:Or for the sheer joy of watching him, apparently Gareth Malone is back on TV soon. Not sure about the sea shanty bit - but I will watch anything with him in it. :)
OOh I agree about Gareth, I have him as a 'friend' on a social networking site. He even replied to me once... :wink:
OMG - can I have your autograph, Ed's Mum?

It's just embarrassing when you (I!) realise how much younger he is than you (me!).
Amber

Post by Amber »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Ed's mum,

Do Rugby not run similar courses given the choirs frequent success at national competitions?
She's off on Gareth Malone now, you can't expect her to think about trivia like this!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Ed's mum,

No idea Tipsy... maybe I'll know more when Ed starts in the main school in Sept.

MMMmmm...Gareth! :lol: (He's not a proper friend).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now