Skinners - 2010 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doodles

Skinners - 2010 Entry

Post by doodles »

Hi there, just wondering whether anybody has heard from Skinners yet? Just getting a bit jumpy as friends of mine have had info packs etc from Judd and TWGSB already and I am beginning to get worried that i've filled the form in wrong :shock:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

Ha! You and me both then as I've not got anything yet.
doodles

Post by doodles »

That's ok then :shock: No makes me feel a lot better. Hopefully we will hear soon KSB.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

I seem to remember it took a long time last year!
Then you will get a huge pack of forms to fill in and have to write out lots of cheques!
You don't find out what house your son is in until the parents open evening in June or maybe even July which is infuriating if like I was, you are desperate to buy some uniform!

But its all very exciting when it happens! Wishing you the best and hope your sons are as happy at Skinners as mine is!
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I am in a different area I know :oops: Midget won't find out what house he is in until his induction day on July 6th, but they are allowed to use mobile phone's at break and lunchtime so yes, Midget has been instructed to text me ASAP to let me know :D I am desperate to find out!! :lol:
Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

A friend has been told that the packs have been sent out today, so should receive tomorrow / next day.
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

Blue Peter wrote:A friend has been told that the packs have been sent out today, so should receive tomorrow / next day.
How exciting! It will make it a little more 'real'.

Re what house they get - DH went to Skinners' many years ago and has a strange yearning for DS to be put in the same house that he was in... does anyone know if they check back at all for family connections?
SSM

Post by SSM »

They used to ask on a form, I think it was the same form as accepting a place.

If I was you, I would give them a call as soon as possible as they have probably already allocated the forms. I don't know how they did it when your DH was there, but now, for years 7-8, all the members of the class belong to the same house. So in year 7 the classes are 7S (Sebastian), 7K (Knott), 7H (Hunt) and 7A (Atwell).
doodles

Post by doodles »

Almost bad as waiting for allocation day again - i'll be chasing the postman down the street again!
Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

Thet haven't allocated forms/ houses yet. There will be a form in the info pack, which asks if your DS knows anyone else going to Skinners so that they can allocate friends or boys who will be travelling in the same direction, together.