The return of common sense

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
magwich2

The return of common sense

Post by magwich2 »

Lovely to see that the DCSF has been renamed the Dept for Education!!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

What difference does that make except costing millions more in reBranding?

Department of Education sound better though.
Impossible is Nothing.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

or as Hermanmunster referred to them the Department of Curtains and Soft Furnishings...
northernsoul

Post by northernsoul »

It makes an enormous difference to the people having to answer the phone and state their department, section and name..... :D
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

It will do my blood pressure good never to have to see that bl**dy rainbow logo ever again!
If I never have to hear that asinine platitude "every child matters" then so much the better!!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Every child matters Magwich.... :P
Milla

Post by Milla »

yeah, doesn't every child matter?? :wink:
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yes tricky - the statement alone "every child matters" is of course correct but I find that some of the sentiments behind children's services using the phrase "every child matters" can get very trying.

For example I discovered yesterday that I am legally obliged to report the death of anyone under 18 to a panel who may or may not investigate it further to "see if it could be avoided or delayed". This includes not only sudden traumatic deaths but those expected in children who have been in receipt of palliative care or deaths from long standing illness or congenital conditions who have had utmost devotion from their parents. I really am not looking forward to telling parents that some people may arrive to investigate their beloved child's expected and entirely unavoidable death.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

hermanmunster wrote:yes tricky - the statement alone "every child matters" is of course correct but I find that some of the sentiments behind children's services using the phrase "every child matters" can get very trying.

For example I discovered yesterday that I am legally obliged to report the death of anyone under 18 to a panel who may or may not investigate it further to "see if it could be avoided or delayed". This includes not only sudden traumatic deaths but those expected in children who have been in receipt of palliative care or deaths from long standing illness or congenital conditions who have had utmost devotion from their parents. I really am not looking forward to telling parents that some people may arrive to investigate their beloved child's expected and entirely unavoidable death.
Sorry Herman ...feel all shallow now.I was just trying to annoy magwich, in a friendly way of course.... :D
mystery

Post by mystery »

Perhaps it could be amended to "every child matters, but some matter more than others".
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now