12+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
njg

12+

Post by njg »

Anyone got dates or anything regarding the 12+ this year yet?

We had the generic letter about reports being gathered by the end of January but nothing since.

Thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Last year we heard the dates at the beginning of March - you could e-mail admissions after March 1st - they may be busy with Y6 allocations at the moment.

The dates were in the Easter holiday so you don't have to miss school.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Parents who have applied for the 12+ will have received their letters by now, but for the information of anyone idly surfing this thread, the date we have received is Wednesday 4th April.

Sally-Anne
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Sally-Anne, (long time no post :D )

As you know the date, does this mean that you are having a go at 12+?

HP
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

HP wrote: (long time no post Very Happy )

As you know the date, does this mean that you are having a go at 12+?
Hi Sally-Anne,

ditto.. :D :D :D

Catherine
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi HP, Catherine and other passers-by!

I have been either busy, away, or sick over the last few weeks, but I couldn't resist being here for allocation day.

Yes, we are going for the 12+. I was talking to Lee this morning, and have ordered some practice papers/CDs to get a little limbering up for his brain underway over the 4 weeks we have left. I am still resolute that we will not be undertaking a mammoth programme of coaching, because he had enough of that last year. The burn-out wasn't a pretty sight.

A little ray of sunshine has appeared on the horizon that makes me a little more hopeful. He came home from school with his most recent VR test result - 130!! His best result before that was 123. Perhaps the extra year's maturity and vocabulary will make the difference?

Then again, maybe the shorter time, extra questions and different practice paper will stymie him on the day.

I must say that, although there will undoubtedly be nerves along the way, I am much more philosophic about the process. "Que sera, sera."

Rest assured that if he passes I will be shouting in very vulgar capital letters on the Forum the moment we hear! :)

Thanks to you all for the continuing support - especially to Lee.
Sally-Anne
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

All the best for 4th April Sally-Anne! :)

Fingers crossed xx.

Footymad :wink: xx.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Hello, Sally-Anne

Just passing by ..........

Well done to your son on the 130 in practice. It should boost his confidence.

We'll be thinking of him and you on the 4th.

Best regards
Etienne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Hi Sally-Anne,

Will be thinking of you - I remember the agonies all too well - the good news is there are places at about 7 schools.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Guest55 - and all

Thanks for the good wishes, but don't get too excited. I just PMed Etienne, and mentioned in passing that if he wakes up like a bear with a sore head on the actual day, then we might as well all give up hope then!

Interesting that you know there are places at 7 schools, Guest55. I'm fairly sure that one of them is Chesham High, but you wouldn't care to post the names of the others, would you?

If that is difficult, I would appreciate a PM in confidence?

Thanks
Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now