updates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Milla

updates

Post by Milla »

has anyone who was disappointed with original allocations had any changes to their situation? Any good news to impart??
Milla

Post by Milla »

no?
OK, was just in hope. Since no-one's partaking, can give the baby a spin.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
mad?

Post by mad? »

YAY BABY!!
mad?
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

:lol: :lol:
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

Spoke to admissions at Pate's yesterday they were incredibly cagey about how far down it had gone but admitted that 'couple' had got in after the first round.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

naughty Milla...no to the baby! It should be tucked up in bed with a mobile of some cute bears swaying gently round its head..not dancing in that unnerving way! :roll: :lol:
Milla

Post by Milla »

why has that hideous bear got a bulbous nappy over its capacious tum? Would give the baby nightmares.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

:shock: You are soo cruel to the lovely green bear Milla :twisted: :lol:

Do you find many people changing their preference's? Would they then go through an appeal or just go on a waiting list?
Milla

Post by Milla »

I put this post up because Pate's operates a waiting list element right from results, with its top 120 and 120-160. So, in our region, it's the one school you sort of know where you are with, it's just a waiting game for any people hoping to select it from the 120-160 bit. Waiting for children in the 120 to be whisked away to indie is the main thing. That's really the only "movement" allowed for Pate's. Successful appeals are very few and far between.
As for Tommy's, I was interested, because of the controversy of the lucky dip element for those children at the cut off point, where 10 achieved the cut off point score, but only 5 were admitted.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Milla wrote:As for Tommy's, I was interested, because of the controversy of the lucky dip element for those children at the cut off point, where 10 achieved the cut off point score, but only 5 were admitted.
That's to me a fair way of doing it. It is literally names in a hat and the first 5 pulled out get offered a place - of course, they must have equal ranking. If the school had distance as a criteria, then this wouldn't happen.

Once the waiting list is in operation, at first they may wait until they can offer all children of that ranking a place, but as the movement slows down, they'll go back to the hat method. I do seem to remember someone telling me that the process of drawing names is witnessed independently (though that may be my memory of prize draws in sales promotions).

If I were a parent whose child was equal top of the list but not lucky enough to be one of the names drawn, then I would be inclined to appeal, and mention to the panel that other children of equal ranking had been offered a place.
Capers