admission to RLS next Y9

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
camden

admission to RLS next Y9

Post by camden »

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are places available for entry into Y9 next year at the RLS. Daughter of a friend flew thro the 13+ this year, & still waiting to hear if there's room for her...nail-biting for them...but maybe if they've not heard anything at this stage it's not good news?

Would be grateful for any thoughts!
Best wishes,
Camden
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Hi Camden, just wanted to come and say hello. I don't have the knowledge that most on here will have but I do fear the response will be that there won't be any space's available for entry into yr 9. It is alway's full PAN at entry into yr7.

Maybe there is that slim chance of children may have moved house/area at some point during their time at RLS, but even then there are waiting list's and that odd space may already have been taken. I do feel for all those going through the 12+ or 13+ process because to get given a place is so, so much harder, but all the best to your friend's daughter x
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

If you look at Sally-Anne's post in this thread you will see that there were 172 pupils on roll in the current year 8 as at January this year:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 36&start=0

The PAN for Y7 was increased to 174 for this year's Y7, so I don't know whether that number will apply to other year groups. The situation could have changed since then in any case, but it would certainly be worth inquiring about possible vacancies and attempting an appeal if turned down on oversubscription grounds.
Marylou
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The PAN for Y7 was increased to 174 for this year's Y7, so I don't know whether that number will apply to other year groups.
The original PAN is 'expected' to apply to other year groups as they progress through the school.
Etienne
camden

Post by camden »

Many thanks all for your useful & supportive replies...doesn't sound as tho' there's much chance for her. She had been suitably primed by her lovely Mum & Dad.....
Best wishes,
Camden