Aylesbury Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Midget Man

Aylesbury Grammar School

Post by Midget Man »

So, who else other than myself and Cats has a DS starting in September? Still very much on a high after finding out my Midget will be going there :oops: :lol: School uniform is all ordered, although I will no doubt have to go and buy another new set from a shop that begin's with M because it will be too big!
Forms and mug shot sent in to organise his buss pass, so look's like everything is sorted already and so quickly :) Midget has also had his school visit from a AGS teacher, I wasn't expecting that to happen quite so soon. So, now we have nothing left to do other than wait and wait till that induction day of July 6th to find out what house they are in :D

Dejavu-I know you have a DS currently at AGS and wondered if you could help with a query? Do you know if the annual ski trip is offered to all years? Midget is hoping even yr7's are allowed to go.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

hey ho - freinds kid was on the annual ski trip (to Whistler).. first I knew was when he posted a bit of Missouri TV showing all the kids staying in Branson - they were stuck there having not been able to fly back from Chicago.... news was not that they were stuck but that they were shown actually washing clothes!!! ( a first..!)
Tree

Post by Tree »

My DS is going there, although he had a science taster at his sisters comprehensive this week and loved it says he wants to go to her school now :roll: i just laughed and hoped he was joking
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Think I would have done the same as you Tree :D I should imagine most kids would have done or said the same thing though.

Hermanmunster- I had known about that and thought perhap's they may stop it for future years, but we hope not!
dejavu

Re: Aylesbury Grammar School

Post by dejavu »

Hi MM

Sorry for the delay in replying - I had trouble with logging in (being a bit of a Luddite - and DS was not here to help). I have been keeping a low profile because my beautiful bearded collie ***** was expecting a litter at the weekend - she had 6, but 5 died, so have been otherwise engaged - looking after mum after her c section and her remaining precious puppy. Paws crossed that they will be ok.

Anyway, DS said before he went out with the rest of the family to see Reginald J Hunter, that ski trips are for year 9 and 12, so that will be something for Midget to look forward to. But there are lots of other trips that are available for younger ones. He could always apply for the Malawi exchange trip which happens every 2 years - I know this year that quite a few year 8 (and a few in year 7) got accepted- to go aroud Easter in 2011- look on the AGS website about it. They apply to be accepted, raise money for the Malawi school exchange trip. My DS applied in year 7 but wasn't chosen, but two years after that he got accepted and is going next year, having raised the £700 (depending on exchange rates) for a child from Malawi to come over here for 2 weeks, but on top of the fundraising, you have to pay for your child to go out to Malawi for the 2 weeks.

I am sure Midget will have a great time at AGS. One of the only downsides is that they have to wear their blazers in very hot weather, unless the teacher says you can take them off!
many thanks
dejavu
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

dejavu wrote:Hi MM

Sorry for the delay in replying - I had trouble with logging in (being a bit of a Luddite - and DS was not here to help). I have been keeping a low profile because my beautiful bearded collie ***** was expecting a litter at the weekend - she had 6, but 5 died, so have been otherwise engaged - looking after mum after her c section and her remaining precious puppy. Paws crossed that they will be ok.

!

OHHH dejavu im so sorry - it must have been heart breaking. Was there something wrong when she was giving birth?

Will keep my fingers crossed for the last puppy :wink:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Oh no, how awful Dejavu, can only imagine how that must have been for both you and your beardie, keeping everything crossed for the surviving puppy though x

Thanks for the info on the ski trips, Midget will be upset to not be able to go in yr7 but I am sure he will survive. Malawi and getting involved in such a way is something I know he would very much enjoy doing, I should imagine all children involved would learn an awful lot from it.
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

Thanks for you sympathy Tiredmum and MM - It has all been very traumatic.The surviving pup was the first one born - normal labour, nothing wrong. DD was a star - it is only my second litter in 15 years. DD kept very calm - when pup came out DD cleared the sac off its face, I made sure there was no fluid in the mouth then teased the cord off with my thumbnail, then had to stop mum eating the pup (she loves it to pieces now). Labour still was textbook, but the next two were born limp but with heart beats and only lasted two or three hours, meanwhile rushed to vets for c section all within 8 hours, two born dead and the last one had same problem as the other two. We don't know why - vet thought it might be genetic. Watching the survivor like a hawk but it 4 days old now and putting on weight.
many thanks
dejavu
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

dejavu wrote:Hi MM

I am sure Midget will have a great time at AGS. One of the only downsides is that they have to wear their blazers in very hot weather, unless the teacher says you can take them off!
DS gets that too!.... they had to rapidly learn how to say "please my I take my blazer off" in german and french
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

They do go on an outward bounds trip end of yr 7 MM (AHS have to wait til yr8) and am sure that will be fun. DS a bit wary of trips away (though has been abroad on sports tours outside of school and loved them) so will be glad to wait till he's found his feet properly. Not all so reticent I know - maybe you could plan a skiing trip (or two if it's not til yr 9 at AGS) in the meantime :)
Thinking of your dog and pup dejavu xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now