Parmiters PE kit fitting

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KS10

Parmiters PE kit fitting

Post by KS10 »

Hi!

Quick question: what is 'PE kit fitting'? I've missed it whatever it is and I'm hoping it's not too serious. I assumed you went to the supplier and bought the appropriate size.

Thanks.
stardreamer

Re: Parmiters PE kit fitting

Post by stardreamer »

The P.E. fitting ........It was just a chance to try on the kit and make a note of the size for your child. You then order it on line. You had to order by 5/6/10 for your child to collect from the school on the day they visit in July. I am pretty sure that you can still order on-line. However, when I purchased the school uniform, from the shop in Bushey High street, I had a feeling that they stocked it there too.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Thanks, stardreamer. Looks like I've got some busy weeks ahead of me. I haven't even thought about the school uniform and panic when I read that others have already got theirs.
tense

Post by tense »

I don't think you can get the PE kit from the school uniform shop in Bushey - my DD is in Yr 8 & I've had to order replacement bits through the school (v easy to do - she just picks up a form & it's all sorted very quickly).

So I suggest you do check early on. Apart from the PE kit I bought everything else from the Bushey shop in August with no problems (& it's even more straightforward if you have a boy as you won't need regulation blouses & skirts so can shop anywhere!). With extra bits & bobs I have now spent more on PE kit than the ordinary uniform :o
KS10

Post by KS10 »

With extra bits & bobs I have now spent more on PE kit than the ordinary uniform :o
I know, the cost is shocking! Oh for the days when I could get both kids' uniforms for a fraction of the cost ...
watmum

Post by watmum »

That Boys Rugby top, is very expensive! Lovely quality though, but I was surprised at how much more it was compared to the other style they used to have. The Bushey shop does not sell the PE kit.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

quite a few schools have done deals with companies to have the PE kit sold through the school, complete with logos and profit to the school.... they also in the case of one school I know, have ridiculous sizes .... the "Extra small" was too big for me...
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Another question:
when you buy the blazer, do you buy it in the knowledge that it is just for one year and do you replace it every year or...
... do you buy a size or two bigger and hope that it will last for two years?
(Or do you allow yourself to be guided by the salespeople?)
Sorry, I just don't want DS to stand out for all the wrong reasons.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - DS at different GS, initially I bought the next size up (or 2 sizes up :roll: ) when he was going into year 7 - I tried it on just before he started and decided it looked ridiculous so went and bought one that fitted.

He is not heavy on clothes but these blazers are worn day in day out and so far we have needed a new one every year - mainly due to growth, but also that they get a bit worn out! He wore the original blazer in year 8 or 9 :oops: so nothing lost.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Thanks, HM. I know people do buy slightly bigger occasionally, but I'll play it by ear. The problem is I'm 5'2" (and a very important bit) but OH is 6'3" or something ridiculous like that and, while DS is of medium height, I'm worried he's going to have a huge growth spurt halfway through Year 7. We'll probably go for what fits or one size bigger, depending on what we can get away with.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now