When does it sink in?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
U400JB9

When does it sink in?

Post by U400JB9 »

At what point do you start believing that you child got their Grammar school place?

I`ve just cancelled our appeal for the High School of choice should our Grammar school appeal have failled....and now I`m having a nervous breakdown that I`ve made a mistake and she hasn`t really got a place!!!

I still can`t believe she got in....am I the only nutcase on here?
hermanmunster

Re: When does it sink in?

Post by hermanmunster »

Great news!!!

trouble is it takes ages to let good news sink in... I mean how many pregnancy tests do we do before we believe that sprog is really on its way???

I think quite a few people ring up to check re schools ... using the excuse of "is there going to be a letter?", "when is the new parents meeting?", "when will we get some info drom the school?"

Don't worry ... it'll all sink in by september... :wink:
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

[quote="hermanmunster"]Great news!!!

trouble is it takes ages to let good news sink in... I mean how many pregnancy tests do we do before we believe that sprog is really on its way??

Oh Dear...I think I might be in trouble then :roll: :oops: :P
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

And as you know there are many more of us wanting to be in your camp than the camp we are in!!! :D
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

panicattack! wrote:And as you know there are many more of us wanting to be in your camp than the camp we are in!!! :D
That is true...and I didn`t mean to sound like I was gloating...... :oops:
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

I don't think you were but even if you were you have reason to with all the hard work that you have put in and won an appeal - seems to me to ba an amazing feat! Oh and don't feel embarrased as it is perfectly natural for this camp to be :mrgreen: but hoping to be :P soon :wink:
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

panicattack! wrote:I don't think you were but even if you were you have reason to with all the hard work that you have put in and won an appeal - seems to me to ba an amazing feat! Oh and don't feel embarrased as it is perfectly natural for this camp to be :mrgreen: but hoping to be :P soon :wink:
Fingers crossed
:D :D :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Oh gosh, it definitely took me from the June (when dd came in off the waiting list) until the September, when she actually started, to believe that she was really going to our first choice school. After being contacted by the LEA, I rang them back the next day to confirm it was really them ringing with the offer and not some fool playing a prank on us. It wasn't helped by the fact that the LEA kept sending letters to the wrong address! :evil: After that I insisted on everything being confirmed to me by email - paranoid or what!

Even now I take great pleasure in the fact that dd got a place :oops: and I keep thinking, well, this time last year etc etc etc :lol: :lol: It was all so worth while, but I wouldn't like to go through it again :shock:
Ogremum

Post by Ogremum »

I received the application pack today and a charming letter from the school - really really nice - congratulating us on winning our appeal and confirming dd is suitable for selective education following the appeal and that they welcome her to the school etc.
Blardy lovely! :mrgreen:
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

It is now slowly beginning to sink in more properly. I keep looking at the letter from the school confirming that the appeal was upheld and asking me to accept the letter as a formal offer. My Ds is now enrolled, admission forms have been filled in and returned, they are due to visit him at his primary school in a few weeks. Induction day has been organised, uniform has been bought. We have been invited to a few events oranised by the school as part of the transition process. I think that it will finally sink in on induction day to be honest. Or the first day of school in September.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now