Boy's Kit for Pates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
EmeraldE

Boy's Kit for Pates

Post by EmeraldE »

Hi all
Can someone help me to understand what I am supposed to be ordering from the online shop ref: sports kit for the lads? I know these items are not compulsory for the boys but the man in The Famous mentioned I needed to get ordering if I wanted them.

Tracksuit? Are the sizes generally big or small? (DS has a skinny waist but long legs)
Do I buy the Pates white tee-shirt and Black shorts with the logo or do most boys wear 'off the peg' from high street for those items?

What about the gumshields? Do most go for the expensive Opro ones?

Sorry to sound dumb but I am lost and time is running out to order. Just don't want DS to turn up and stand out cause he has not got the correct kit.
mum3

Re: Boy's Kit for Pates

Post by mum3 »

I have son in yr 9 at Pate's( and another one who has left now). Am trying to remember what I bought and from where!

At the moment he wears a white polo shirt (from Gap sale I think but anywhere will do as long as without logo) but started off wearing the white round necked t shirt from the Famous ( or any other brand), and white shorts (silky football type from JJB sports but white cotton also ok, again from anywhere) for PE and white trainers. General white sports socks ok. I bought the black shorts , rugby shirt and socks from The Famous. A sports holdall is also needed to carry it all, from any sports shop.

Neither boys ever have had or have a tracksuit, but maybe that's new??? Bought the waterproof rugby training top thing from Kurri (or whatever it is called) from the school office in Year 7 but buy on the big side because he hardly wore it and grew out of it v quickly. Is useful if in teams for wearing for sitting on sidelines when it is cold and rainy!

We bought rugby boots too from a sports shoe shop at upper end of High St, Chelt.

Hope that helps.
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

I am not going to go for any of the items from the online shop, seem rather expensive to me. My son either never takes his tracksuit off or never puts it on in the first place, if he needs one will get a plain one.

I will probably use his old gum shield until we can get new ones made via our rugby club which is much cheaper. However, if you do not have a gum shield I would advise a made to measure one, dentists will do them for you, and a new one each year as their mouth's are changing all the time at the moment. The off the peg ones never seem to fit no matter how many times you boil them.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Thanks for that folks!
I was thinking along the same lines. Think the tracksuit bottoms will be plain black and the gum shield from the dentist. Might invest in the tracksuit top as it looks nice and would not be such an issue with fit.
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

I am not buying any of the online kit, either. I think some second hand uniform items will be at the Pates parents evening on 23rd. I have got an M & S blazer and sewn the badge on (£5 for the badge in Famous). The only things I think I need to buy are the rugby top and socks as they can wear any white P.E shorts and T shirt
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

It is all working out expensive if you buy everything and it will not even fit them next year. I guess it is like that for all the secondary schools :roll: Mustn't grumble! Just glad he is going there! :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now