Practice exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ang's mom

Practice exams

Post by Ang's mom »

Hi,

Can someone please point me to some centres where practice exams are held during the summer holidays? Any help would be very much appreciated.

If there are issues with posting here, please send me a PM.

Thanks in advance.
nissi

Re: Practice exams

Post by nissi »

Sutton grammar school parents association runs a mock test, thoughtthis might be a bit of a journey for you it might be wrth visiting their website.
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Thanks nissi :)

I had registered for that one, after some kind parent here directed me to that site last month.
But as I tutor/teach my DD, I was looking at more such exams so that she could have more of a professional exposure to it.
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Hi just pm'd you but I wouldn't go over board on mocks and exposure. Kent's do a practice the week before the real test for OCC applicants - so that is two opportunities and you can apply to Bexley which makes 3 - that will then give you a good run up to Newstead :)
PW MUM
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

My tutor will be holding an assessment day at the end of June where pupils will be tested under exam conditions and given their results confidentially. If interesed, please contact me.
omg

Post by omg »

Tonbridge School do a weeks course for £80 during the summer holidays. :shock:
stayincalm

Post by stayincalm »

Just found out about the Tonbridge Summer School -does anyone know if its any good? Thinking around week 5 would be a good timing in terms of refocusing. Finding my dd has so much school work on at the mo that there is little time for specific practice.
omg

Post by omg »

We thought it was quite a good balance. It's just 4 mornings in one week and so they can still have a good holiday! Not too expensive and probably easier than trying to motivate them yourself... :wink:
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Thanks omg :)
Was the course a general one including NR, NVR and Maths?
omg

Post by omg »

Yes, it covers everything for the Kent test...if you type "tonbridge school summer courses" into google you get the info... :?

"Age range10yrs/over

Fee£85

11+ exams looming? Need to brush up on your English and Maths?

Designed to build confidence and teach strategies to prepare for the 11+ exam in September.

There will be exam practice and technique covering all papers - verbal and non-verbal reasoning, mathematics and essay. The course will be run by a highly experienced teacher who will tailor the course to those present and give individual help and encouragement as needed".