Pate's... Loving every detail!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BellaMamma

Pate's... Loving every detail!

Post by BellaMamma »

My eyes are welling up... I couldn't resist opening a letter that arrived for DS from Pate's this morning. Lo and behold, it was a personal letter to him, written by a student! Just a little welcome and 'don't be nervous', but i know he will really appreciate it(all sealed up again, so no eveidence of my tampering!)! i got a bit nervous when it said something about already having had fun at the induction day, as i thought somehow he'd missed it!

When I brought DS to Pate's for the open evening back in Sept, he thought it all seemed 'too perfect', that no school could really be as good as it seemed... So far, it really seems to be so!
Glparent

Re: Pate's... Loving every detail!

Post by Glparent »

Absolutely! Have just got in from work to find similar letter, franked from Pate's, addressed to DD .......... am resisting the urge to open it, but I know she's going to be SOOOOOO excited about it after school. :D Over the last few days she's beginning to feel some nervousness as well as excitement - I think it's finally dawning that in order to progress to secondary school she has to leave primary (pass the tissues for her and me!!).

I'm trying to think beyond the rose-tinted glasses of new parents, but they genuinely do seem to be very caring of individuals. Just hope it still feels like that at Christmas ...... Easter ...... Yr8 etc etc :)
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Yes, my DS got his on Saturday and was delighted. Impressed with the little girls beautiful writing!
Included was about the lessons, clubs, food on offer, trips, instruments you can learn, languages etc. Very nicely expressed. DS was quite touched, as was I. A good idea which more schools could utilise...DS is waiting with nervous anticipation for the induction day. He is hoping it will be doing 'leadership' exercises like daddy does at work! :lol:
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

We had a letter today as well. My son was really pleased about it. I guess they will have to write them next year.
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

Great to see you posting here BellaMamma, I too thought it was a lovely touch do all the schools do it? My DS was very cool about it but he is definately in training for teenagerhood at the moment, has even perfected the slouch to go with the barely visable bum fluff!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now