Poor state schools should stop hiding behind excuses

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: Poor state schools should stop hiding behind excuses

Post by Amber »

There are certainly no excuses for the shirt and tie combination that man is wearing in the photo.
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

It would help if state schools could just educate rather than dabbling in social engineering.
hopeful5

Post by hopeful5 »

hmmm,
I read the article and I think all children should feel like they are achieving. However, I guess high achieving kids in mainstream state schools probably feel they dont get enough recognition for their effort.
I dont think its fair to compare different schools as it is not a equal comparison.
How can you compare a school where both parents have been to university and parental income income exceeds 100k a year and a school in a less well off area where that isnt the case.
The head teacher refers negatively to a cluster coordinator role appointed by local authority but schools applying for academy status will have to fulfill this role.

Private schools do like to create this aura of a cosy environment for higher performance at a cost which to some parents require huge personal sacrifice. They like to feed off fear that parents feel who want the best for their children. I guess, I think its worth paying the money if you can easily afford it. Although, I think the value set held by attendees might not suit more left wing families. Feel free to contradict anyone!
SSM

Post by SSM »

I think the values held by that HM, might not sit well with most left wing families.

I'm sorry, but how can he have the audacity to say that state school teachers should not receive a 2.5% pay rise but that it's fine for him to raise his school fees by that amount. He says that in the private sector people can walk, but we all know in reality they can't. You're not going to risk taking your child out of the school unless you really can't make ends meet.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Amber wrote:There are certainly no excuses for the shirt and tie combination that man is wearing in the photo.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm with you there Amber!