HELP! Tutor needed 11+ and primary level

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mandyb

HELP! Tutor needed 11+ and primary level

Post by mandyb »

Hi
I hope someone can help me. We have moved into the area and I am completely new to the 11+ system. I am desperately trying to get a tutor from my son who is going to be entering Y3. I understand that I need to sign up quite quickly as they get booked up but everyone is very hush hush about giving recommendations. Unfortunately I do not feel confident tutoring at home and feel a third party would be useful to focus my son.

On another point if anyone can help daughter is having real problems with her english/maths and we need a primary school tutor who can give some extra support outside of school.

We live in amersham but I am happy to drive to a tutor.

if anyone has any recommendations I would be most grateful.
Many thanks
A
Midget Man

Re: HELP! Tutor needed 11+ and primary level

Post by Midget Man »

I really don't think it's necessary to start your child that early, just leave them be for another year atleast!
Have you spoken with her school about concern's with her maths etc? Or is it more your concern and not theirs? I am sure lot's of people will be able to advise pm on the matter's of tutoring within your area.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi mandyb

I agree absolutely with MidgetMan. Most children begin tutoring for the 11+ in the September or January of Year 5, although early booking is important.

I have sent you a PM (Private Message). To retrieve it, click on the "new messages" line at the top left of this page.

Sally-Anne
mandyb

Post by mandyb »

Thanks for the response midget man and Sally-Ann. This is the first time we are going through the whole 11+ process so it is difficult to know what to do. I appreciate the advice and I will book for Y5.

Many thanks
mandyb

Post by mandyb »

Sorry forgot to say...it is the school's concern but there is little support unfortunately. As a parent I am not sure how to support more than I am so I was hoping I could find an experienced tutor who may have dealt with her issues. Until I do I can only continue to support as best as I can.

Anyway...any ideas would be most welcome. thanks again for your responses.
TA123

Post by TA123 »

I am also looking for a tutor for my daughter who is finishing Year 4 at the moment. So any tips, info and advice are highly appreciated.
zee

Post by zee »

You could also look at the topic on home tutoring which I found really useful: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=4782