Bus - Burnham to Beaconsfield High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Booklady

Bus - Burnham to Beaconsfield High School

Post by Booklady »

Hi - can anyone tell me if a bus from Burnham still runs to BHS (and back) - and, if so, how much it costs, what time does it go and return, and who do we need to contact. I asked the school - but got no reply.
Muguet

Re: Bus - Burnham to Beaconsfield High School

Post by Muguet »

Hi Booklady,

Have you tried the Passenger Transport Officer on 01296 383738?
guest666

Post by guest666 »

The bus certainly runs. I've seen girls waiting in both Lent Rise Road and at BGS. Can't help you on cost though. It appears you know that it isn't free from Burnham
chez

Post by chez »

My DD takes the bus from Burnham.
It's a private coach company and cost us £6.50 a day which works out...wait for it....! £1,400 a year approx.
They have various stops. Two are down Gore Road and one is Lent Rise area. Not sure on the others.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Thanks Chez - cheap compared to private school though!! :lol: Thanks for the response - did you have to contact them separately or did the school give you the info once you had the place?
chez

Post by chez »

School didn't give us information. I found out from a lady whose daughter goes to Beaconsfield High School.
If you need info just email me on cheryl at higginsfamily.eclipse.co.uk and I'll e mail details.

Chez: I have edited your email address to prevent it being picked up by spam robots.
Clearly anyone emailing Chez should substitute the ampersand "@" for the word at. Sally-Anne
drummer

Post by drummer »

is Burnham in catchment for Becky high? If so why is transport not provided?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Would imagine the catchment school is Burnham Grammar but haven't looked at the catchment maps!!
scary mum
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

There is an area - including Burnham - where you are in catchment for Becky High but no bus is provided if you get in as Burnham Grammar is closer and you are also in catchment for that. My DD is set on BHS though - so we'll have to see what happens! :D

Thanks for the offer of the details - we'll be in touch if we get a place!!! :D :D
drummer

Post by drummer »

Booklady, is there anywhere else in the county where this happens, ie where transport is not provide to a catchment school because there is another closer catchment school?