When do schools know result?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Wish Upon A Star

When do schools know result?

Post by Wish Upon A Star »

Hi Mike,

Do you have any idea when Wirral Head Teachers receive the 11+ results please?

Our Head gave the impression that the school were notified of the results some time in early January. Do you have any further info.please?

Thanks,

W U A S
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Hello WUAS

I don't know when the Heads receive the results, but parents receive them in March.

Some authorities that take tests in October give out the results in December.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to think that the LEA would have the results some time in January.

I do think it is unreasonable for parents and children to have to wait three months for the results.

Regards

Mike
Rob

results Known!

Post by Rob »

Hi,
A friend of mine who works as a head secretary at a local Wirral primary says the heads usually get the results within 2 weeks of kids sitting exam
as there is only one internal post a week on a Wednesday she said it will be this week or first Wednesday in Jan.

Hope this helps!

Fiona.
Wish Upon A Star

Thanks for those replies.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas & a Happy, healthy New Year!

W U A S
fiona

results are in!

Post by fiona »

Hello,

Friend of mine said that Wirral schools recieved 11+ results yesterday!

Regards,

Wirral mum.
Wish Upon A Star

Thanks Fiona.

So I presume the results are kept in a secret vault in the Head's office until after March 2nd!

What a crazy system making parents wait SO long to know which school your child has been allocated, or even just at least, to be told whether or not your child has passed and achieved potential Grammar school status.

It really is like being in limbo with all the 'ifs' and 'buts' re. this coming September. March 2nd can't come quick enough just so the wait is over regardless of the actual result!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.
Fiona

results

Post by Fiona »

Hi WUAS,

The Head shares results with year 6 teachers, between them they decide who they will appeal for.

Fiona.
Wish Upon A Star

Thanks for that info. Fiona.

Do you know please, are the parents of the children involved in this process informed that this appeal is going on now ? Or is nothing disclosed to parents at this stage ?

Thanks W U A S
Fiona

results

Post by Fiona »

Hi WUAS,

No the parents are not informed at this stage, only the school.We are told nothing until 1st March!

The children might Know if they are borderline if someone comes and wants to take a look at thier books.

Hope this helps,

Regards Fiona
Wish Upon A Star

Thanks Fiona.

We were told a our 11+ parents info.evening held by the Head, that this year, for the first time in Wirral, there was NO boardline mark at which books would be called in as in previous years. It was either pass or fail and a score of 236 was needed to achieve Grammar School Status.

W U A S
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now